Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey, shopping, and family oh my!

What a busy couple of days!! It has been a whirlwind of eating, cooking, seeing family and friends, and of course shopping. I will not bore you with the details, but let's just say I am tired and ready for a quiet day.

Today we do have some things on the to-do list. As soon as I get ready we are going to Anderson to pick a few things up at Sam's, buy one or two gifts, and look at the Wood You store for tables. I love the Wood You store because the furniture is unfinished and that way we can do anything we want to it. Why did I not think of it earlier? Then when we get back the fall decorations are going away and the Christmas ones are coming out. On black Friday I found some of the cutest ornaments, tree topper, and outside pre-lit tree ever! Of course they were all on sale so that helped with how excited I was.

Also I just wanted to take a minute to thank Nick for cooking an amazing dinner Friday night. It was absolutely to die for. Butternut squash with goat cheese and hazelnuts is my new favorite! I also want to thank amazing friends who joined us in giving thanks. You are all the BEST! Well off to enjoy my last day of work freedom.

One last note: Instead of a list of grateful things I am now going to post a quote. ENJOY!

"Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude." ~E.P. Powell

No comments: