Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Butterflies

Yesterday, to quite my surprise, there was a butterfly flying around my house. Talk about spring coming soon! I actually got a picture of it before it flew out the door.

This is the butterfly trying desperately to escape from the crazy woman with the camera!

I was trying to take a close up picture! This proves I need a better camera! Maybe my birthday?
Sunday while at my parents, she gave me this rocking chair. I just love it. It appears to be very old, which makes me love it even more. This corner in my living room was in desperate need of attention. Maybe this will suffice for now! I can just imagine rocking my baby to sleep one day! :)



Did you watch American Idol last night? Some were good and some not so much. David Cook was amazing as always. Brooke is still my favorite, but she seemed really nervous last night. Anyway I noticed on Kelly's blog she posted some of the songs she would sing from her birth year. I decided I would check mine out too. I just googled "Top songs from 1983" and look what I came up with. I have to say, I may have some of the best songs EVER!!!

1983
1. Flash dance (What a feeling?)- Irene Cara
2. Down Under- Men at Work
3.Total Eclipse of the Heart- Bonnie Tyler
4. Sweet Dreams (Are made of This)- Eurythmics
5. Uptown Girl- Billy Joel
6. She works hard for the money- Donna Summer
7. Hungry Like the Wolf- Duran Duran
8. Electric Avenue- Eddy Grant
9. The Safety Dance- Men without Hats
10. Mr. Roboto- STYX
11. Love is a battlefield- Pat Benatar

What are the favorite from the year you were born?

3 comments:

Meg said...

I love your rocking chair. Furniture today is not made near the quality that it was back then. Another great quality of older pieces!

There were some great songs out the year we were born! Although, I would only be caught singing them to myself. lol..

Sarah said...

I have to agree with you, we did have some pretty rocking songs from the year we were born. I would totally go with Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics.

Kelly said...

Those are some great songs!!!!