Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day





I hope you are celebrating Earth Day! At school the children made Garbage People out of paper bags and went around the school "feeding" them with trash they found. They were so excited about finding the trash. At the young age of five they already knew so much about helping the environment.

Nick and I started recycling paper, plastic, glass, and aluminum several months ago. You would be surprised how less trash you throw away. I also plan on buying the new Wal-Mart bags instead using all the plastic ones. I heard they were giving one away today. Too bad I missed that!

Also today I went for my MRI. What a grueling experience and I hope I never have to do it again. I never thought it would be so hard to lie still for 45 mins. The fact that I was on my stomach didn't help. I should get results tomorrow. Wish me luck!

What are you doing for the environment?

6 comments:

Carrie said...

They were giving them away at Wal-Mart dang I wish I had known~I recycle other people junk lol.

Julia said...

Hope you had luck with the MRI!

This is how they celebrated Earth Day at my office...we're all graphic artists and we don't like fluorescent lighting because it messes with our eyes and computer screens...so the company celebrated our "hate" by adding new light-bulbs to all the lighting fixtures and making us turn them on!!! We have tons of windows so I really don't understand this.

Mandy said...

Good Luck with the MRI results!! I am trying to make an effort to turn off the water when I brush my teeth, load the dishwasher, etc. I have a really bad habbit of just letting it run!! I also open all of our blinds so that we dont' have to turn on all of the lights during the day, at home!

Meg said...

Well I wore green for Earth day, does that count? :)

I love those bags! The only problem is, remembering to take them with you..

The project sounds adorable!

Meg said...

oh and good luck with the results!!!!

Jamie said...

That's the cutest idea about making the garbage people. So creative!!

I try and conserve water--no baths, short showers, turn the water off when brushing teeth, etc. That's about all I do for the environment, I think.

PS: Tell Meg to keep the bags in her car, LOL!