Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday: Nick and I left bright and early to head to Atlanta. Since it only takes about 2 hours we stopped at the Mall of Georgia to find some clothes for Nick. I actually didn't buy one single for myself! Aren't you proud! This is Nick and I leaving MOG and heading to the big ATL.
We arrived around 2:00 so we had plenty of time to relax before dinner. We stayed on the 55 floor of the Westin and the view was amazing! Here are some shots.

This is right before we left for dinner. We are doing some major grinning! I didn't take pics at the restaruant, but the food was delicious and I would recommend the Azio. The fact that it was literrally across the street helped also.

Then around 7:30 we headed out for the Atlanta Civic Center to watch The Lion King. I only got two pictures becuase we could not take pictures during the show. All I can say is that is was AMAZING! I think my mouth was open the entire time. They came down the aisles with giant elephants and giraffes. The actors were great and young simba was played by an amazing 9 year old that blew me away. If you have a chance you should check it out!

Now that my Spring Break is over I am a little sad, but I am actually kinda happy to be back in the groove of "normal" life!

7 comments:

Hillary said...

What a great weekend! I LOVE LION KING!!! It is my favorite musical! I want to see it again so bad!

Meg said...

You looked so great! Glad you guys had a great time. I'll have to check out that restaurant sometime, I'm always looking for new places to try out.

Carrie said...

I am glad ya'll had such a good time!

Mandy said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time!! That view was amazing! Good Luck getting back into the swing of work! Have a good week!!

Sarah said...

Looks like y'all had so much fun. I love the close up of you and Nick in front of the window. You guys look great! Hope you have a great week back at school!

Julia said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

Kelly said...

Sounds like SUCH a fun weekend!!!!