Monday, May 5, 2008

I am behind

It has been a while. So much has been going on and I just haven't had the time to blog. I have missed writing on here.

After months of being in pain with my wrist, it is finally OVER! I went to a orthopedic doctor Thursday and he gave me a cortisone shot. It hurt so bad, but it was very much worth it. My wrist is completely pain free and I am grateful for modern medicine. I can actually sleep through the night and not worry about picking up anything.

Saturday we celebrated Cinco De Mayo at a friends house. We had amazing Mexican food! We hung out by the fire and just laughed (my favorite thing to do). Earlier that morning, the school that I work at had a 18 family yard sale. Nick and I gathered our "junk" and made a little over $100. It was so worth getting up at 6:15 on a weekend.

Sunday we went to church, cleaned the house, and watched Juno. I cried THREE times. I know, I am a sap! The movie was so good. I recommend it highly!

Today the principal officially announced that next year I will be a 5th grade teacher!! I am so happy and I really feel like this is a blessing. So many people tell me that I am crazy to teach 5th, but I really think that I will enjoy it. I am happy and that is all that matters!

Have a good MONDAY!

5 comments:

Julia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia said...

It sounds like you're having a great week and it's only Tuesday!!!
I said a little prayer for you this morning...Mother's Day is coming up and I know that will be hard for many girls.

Jamie said...

I loved Juno, too!!

That's awesome that you made money at the yard sale, and awesome news about moving to 5th grade! It sounds like you're excited, and it's good that you're happy about it. :-)

Have a great week!

Meg said...

Yay! Good news finally!!

lol, well it just so happens that J needs a new wallet.. There are some great ideas on findgift.com and my favorite, unique site, etsy.com. There are some great handcrafters on that site.

Carrie said...

Congrats hey if you read my blog we almost had the same weekend!