Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's Official

I am now on summer break!! Today was the last day of post-planning and we even got to leave early. After a retirement lunch I headed out the door with a big smile on my face and a car load of stuff. The stuff is tons of reading and math books that I will spend the summer reading. I am going to use the summer to plan as much as I can for next year. I have very good intentions and I hope I stick with them. I have moved everything out of my old small room into my new full size classroom. Everything is boxed up (b\c of cleaning), but at least it is moved. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to be spending a lot of money on materials for my room. While I was going through things I realized that I do not have much for 5th grade. I guess that stimulus check will come in handy! I plan on relaxing the month of June and spend July at the school preparing.

I am beyond blessed to be given the opportunity for a change in my job. I pray every night and thank God for his blessing.
Philippians 4:6  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and
petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."


9 comments:

Staci said...

Yea for you! Isn't it the best feeling in the world?!

Sarah said...

Love that Bible verse. Probably one of my favorites!

Carrie said...

You lucky girl!

MiMi said...

I know that you must be so excited to be out of school for the Summer!

I wanted to say "thank you" for visiting my new blog and I hope that you will come back soon.

I saw that you live in Hartwell, GA. My husband and I met while I lived in Toccoa and he lived in Hartwell on the lake with his parents - over 30 years ago. His parents live in Lavonia now. Small world, huh?

I look forward to getting to know you better!

Thanks again!

Mandy said...

That is so exciting for you!! Enjoy your summer!! You'll have to post pics of your classroom when you get it all set up, that will be so much fun getting all new stuff!

Kim said...

YAY for summer! Have fun preparing for 5th grade!

hayden said...

YEAH For you!!!!!!!

Katie said...

I love that verse, too!

Katie said...

PS. Thanks for noticing my "summer look" background! This is exactly what I was going for...I might change it with the seasons, who knows?