Saturday, May 17, 2008

A pocket full of sunshine

Yesterday I took my last personal day of the year. Nick also surprised me and took off too. This was such a surprise because he never takes off work. He could be at his death bed and he would still go in to work. Anyway we sleep in late, well I sleep in late, and then we got ready and headed to Greenville, SC. We ate and Red Robin. This was the first time we had been and I was impressed. I got a prime rib dip with cheesy garlic fries. YUM OH! (Yes I just quoted Rachel Ray, He He!) After lunch we shopped for while and then went to play putt-putt at Franky's Fun Park. The weather was perfect and we were the only people on our course. Guess what else happened? I WON! I never win against Nick. I got two holes in one! Needless to say Nick had an excuse to why you didn't win. he said it was because the putter was too short. Or could it be because I was so darn good?? I believe the latter. HA! We had such a good time! Today we are celebrating Amy's birthday! We are having a cookout at our house and I can't wait. The weather is going to be great so I am excited for some outdoor fun!

P.S. What do you think about my new signature that my niece Brinsley made? Kids these days are way too technology savvy!


5 comments:

Meg said...

Aww you guys made the best of it! I love moments like that, priceless! I know, soon we're going to be the golden age that doesn't understand the newest technology. Scary!

Carrie said...

It looks cute can't wait for the cookout tonight. Putt-putt I am so jealous but glad you won! See ya tonight.

Mandy said...

What a fun day!! I love days like that, when you have nothing in particular to do and you just make the best of it!!

Your niece did great! Kids today are so amazing with all they know!

That cracks me up about Nick making an excuse for losing, he is such a guy!! My husband does the exact same thing!!!

Julia said...

I haven't played putt-putt in forever. Why is it that I felt like you were playing with my husband? I'm sure if I won he'd say it was because the sun was in his eyes. Haha, I KID!!!
Cute sig.

Jamie said...

cute sig!! Your day with the hubby sounds like it was so much fun!

Hope you're having a good start to the week.