Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Very Busy Day!

Yesterday was a blur. After working all day, I stayed after school for an hour to meet with the group of 5th grade teachers that I will be working with next year. The first teacher, that is teaching Science, has been teaching forever and she is amazing. The kids love her and she is not set in her ways. The next teacher was new to our school last year and she will be teaching Language Arts. The Social Studies teacher will be a first year teacher next year. She is super organized and has great ideas. We discussed a schedule for next year and a discipline/reward system. I am so happy that we are all on the same page and that everyone is great to work with.

As soon as I left the meeting, I heading to a cookout that my coteaching kindergarten teacher had at her house. I helped her cook and played kick ball with the kids for an hour and a half. The I ran home for about 5 mins. to freshen up and then Nick and I headed to la Cabana to eat. Then after eating we went to Michael and Amy's to hang out. Let's just say I am tired!! I hope to day is relaxing!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Aww I can't wait to be at that point, organizing and chatting with fellow teachers. I'll be counting on you for some great advice in the coming years!