Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The best is yet to come...

Sunday during church the preacher just kept repeating this over and over- The best is yet to come. He had no idea how true that was for me. Since January I have prayed, begged, and pleaded that God would answer my prayers. I got really down on myself and fed up with the whole situation. Then through this blog and friends, I have found wonderful amounts of support. I have had prayers from people and they will never know how grateful I am. So enough of the suspense!! I AM PREGNANT!!!! I have waited two weeks to share the news with everyone and it was killing me!!!

After being late this month (which I NEVER am) I knew something was up. So on day three of waiting I bought three pregnancy tests. I took the first one at home by myself and when the results were immediate I cried. I was the happiest person in the world at that moment. I thanked God and sat in the bathroom floor and wept. Duncan of course was in my lap licking me the entire time (I had a feeling he knew it was good news). Then I took another tests just to make sure. It was positive also. I then called my mom and told her I was coming over to see her. I didn't tell Nick first because I wanted to wait to tell him in person. I had bought three onsies months ago (one for my parents, one for Nick ,and one for his parents). I put my moms in a gift bag and told her I bought something for her. As she opened she began to cry and hugged me. I was so happy that she was happy! This will be their fifth grandchild so they are prepared and ready. That night when I got back from vacation bible school I handed Nick a Wal-mart bag. I said "Look what I got today!" I am sure he was thinking "what has she bought now?" So he opened it and the onsie and pregnancy test were inside. He was so happy and excited!! On the Saturday before Father's Day we brought Nick's dad a "Father's day" gift. Unlike my parents they had no idea we have been trying since January. This being their first grandchild, we wanted it to be a complete surprise. When his dad opened it he was shocked! They both were so happy and have been waiting patiently for this moment for so long. Needless to say we are all so happy and thankful.

I went to the doctor today for my first appointment. They did the usual blood work, exam, and went over medical history. He says I am due around February 17th. I go back July 14th for an ultrasound to confirm the due date.

I just want to add that I am still praying for all the women that are still trying. I pray that they have patience. I know how it feels to want something immediately when you want, but God has his own path for us. Sometimes we just have to listen and be patient! Please continue to keep me and the little one in your prayers for a healthy pregnancy and birth.


21 comments:

Nikki said...

I am so so so happy! You and Nick are going to be the BEST parents! I LOVE YOU and can't wait to see you this weekend!

Carrie said...

I can't wait to be an Aunt again, you and Nick will make wonderful parents!

Staci said...

Yeah!! How exciting! I am so happy for you! Congratulations :)

MiMi said...

Congratulations to you and Nick! That is great news and I am so happy for you!

Amy said...

I am thrilled!!!! So excited for you and Nick. Keep us updated on everything. Congrats!! Love you!!

Kelly said...

YEAY - Make that 7 girls I can cross off my list!!!!!
I'm so excited for you Robyn - we are a month apart!!!!!

Sarah said...

WOOOOHOOOO! Congrats again, Robyn. That is so amazing!

Kim said...

Congrats Robyn! I am so happy for you!

Betsy said...

Hi Robyn-
I have read your blog before...I teach school too, so it was fun hearing about your experiences. But I just saw on Kelly's blog that you're expecting so I came over here and read your story. That is sooo wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh...CONGRATS!! I can't believe that I am just now reading this! I should've checked yesterday!!

I am so happy for you and can't wait to follow your pregnancy with your little bundle of joy!!

Faith said...

Congratulations Robyn! God is good!

Jessica said...

Yeah!!!! Congrats! )

Julia said...

That is such wonderful news to me, you have NO idea!!! Congratulations!!! Now I can cross you off my list...well, no...I'll keep praying, but the prayers shift now :)

His Doorkeeper said...

Robyn , I'm Kelly's Korner's Mom and I just wanted to add my congratulations on you wonderful news!

I bet your whole family is as excited as we are about our new baby coming!

Blessings to you all!

Kristen said...

I saw you on a post from Julia's blog so I had to jump over here and see what was going on.
Congratulations to you and you hubby! I am so happy for you!

Jamie said...

I've said this once already, but I'll add it here.
This is such exciting news! It's just precious! I will keep y'all in my prayers. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jenna said...

Hi Robyn, I found your blog through Kelly and just wanted to say congratulations!!!

Carrie said...

this is brinsley robyn :]

im ready for my cousin

i cant waitttttt.

i pray everyday for it.

:]

& you
i loveyouu. !


- best niece ever, brinsley

Katie said...

Robyn! I am SO excited and happy for you. Praise the LORD! It took us nine and a half months to get pregnant (and I know that's not long compared to so many others), so my heart goes out to every woman who wants a baby so badly but has to wait a long time. You will LOVE being a mom!

Meg said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!! I am SO excited for you guys. I know how much you've wanted this. You will be wonderful parents!!!

Harris Family said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your story! I know exactly how you feel! We are patiently waiting for God's perfect timing and know that is exactly what it will be! I am so happy for you! It is so fun to hear stories of people who have been wanting a baby and trying to have one! It is so encouraging!