Monday, June 9, 2008

Lots going on...

So much has been going on! So where do I begin?

Nick and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary last Wednesday. We decided this year we would get each other something we needed. I knew exactly what Nick "needed." He had been asking for this since Christmas.

So what is in the bag???





A remote! Not just any ole' remote, but a touch screen remote that does everything we need. With one touch this amazing remote will start the tv, dvd player, and tuner so you are ready to watch a movie. Amazing! You would have thought I bought it for myself! Shh....

Look what I "needed" so desperately! Major bling going on here!! LOVE IT!
Saturday we went to Sullivan's to eat a very yummy and romantic dinner. I think Nick had to roll me out to the car. We worked outside in the 100 degree weather all day so we were starving!


Since I have been on summer break I have been working everyday on stuff for school next year. So far I have a new lesson plan template, newsletter template, discipline plan and letter to send home. I think I am doing well so far. I have been doing a little of this... but with 100 degree weather I think I will have to use self tanner! HA!

Yes I have on a bathing suit!


Look what we got in the mail for Nick's cousins in Belgium! Kitchen towels, Irish coffee glasses, and chocolate. Simone sent us the glasses because she taught Nick how to make Irish coffee while she was visiting. I can't wait to make this!


Also look who stayed the weekend with us! SADIE!! This is Carrie's dog and Duncan's best friend. We had such a good time and it was hard to say good bye!



I made this from Paula Deen!
Brown Sugar Chewies
1/4 cup butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.

In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Turn off the heat, add the brown sugar and stir until smooth. Stir in the egg. Stir together the flour and baking powder and stir into the brown sugar mixture. Stir in the vanilla and pecans. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. When cool, dust the top with a sifting of confectioners' sugar.


Next time I will add chocolate chips, but they were so easy and yummy!!



8 comments:

Faith said...

Very nice gifts! Glad you guys had fun celebrating your anniversary!

Kim said...

You have been busy!! My hubby would be so jealous of that remote!

Meg said...

Great gifts! haha, are you sure you have on a suit? lol.. I have so many tan lines, I need to lay out like that!
As usual, everything looks great! I love getting gifts in the mail. (even if I have to ship it to myself. lol) Such neat stuff!

Julia said...

Woah...that recipe looks really really really really really really goooood!!!!

Mandy said...

I'm glad you guys had a great anniversary!! We celebrated our 3 years in March! I bet Justin would've loved that remote too!!

That Paula Dean dessert looks so good!! I think I might have to try that. I usually love all of her stuff!!

Carrie said...

Oh my sweet Sadie Belle I think she is mad at me she will not come out of her kennel. Use sunscreen if not you may look like me! Don't show Johnny the remote you know he will want one.

MiMi said...

Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary! Great gifts! I'm with you on the self-tanner --there is no way I can take these 100 degree temps! Glad ya'll had fun celebrating!
Emilie

Katie said...

Cool remote! My husband would love it. Your watch is nice, too!