Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weekend Update

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I know I sure did!

Friday: I kept Brett, Nikki's son, for a few hours. I summoned Brinsley and Noah to help with entertainment for the afternoon. We had so much fun! We made foam door hangers and Brett made a foam sun visor. This was the perfect project for him because it required no glue or scissors!
He loved sticking them on his face!
And on my face! He took this picture. Didn't he do a good job!
This was a great helper Brinsley!

Saturday: Nick pressured washed the pavement in front of the house and I caught up on some cleaning and laundry. Then we headed to Anderson to meet up with my favorite people. Carrie, Brinsley, and myself watched Sex and the City!! The movie was so good! A little long, but good!

Nick, Johnny, and Noah went to see The Happening. Unfortunately for them their movie was not so good.
After the movie Amy and Michael met up with us and we all headed to Wild Wings. We had so great food and got to sit outside and enjoy the breeze!

Sunday: We went to the 9:00 service and church so we could bet the crowds and Outback. We took Nick mom and dad there for Father's Day. They were really busy, but we got there right before the crowd. My steak and sweet potato was delicious! Then we headed across the street to see Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The movie was full of nonstop action.
After the movie we headed home and then immediately to my parents. It was great to get to relax and hang out with everyone for a few hours. We had a great Father's Day weekend. My dad is an amazing man that has always been there for me WHENEVER I needed him. Looking back over the years, I should have said thank you more often. He would do anything in the world for me and I will be forever grateful! I love you daddy!


Publish Post

6 comments:

YellowTurtle said...

I missed you this weekend, too! The pictures of you and Brett are so cute! He absolutely loved staying with you! He insisted on wearing the visor into Outback and demanded that I let him take it with him to his grandparents. I demanded that they make sure and send it back home with him, lol! I hope you are having a good week!

Meg said...

Aww what a great weekend!

Mandy said...

Fun times!! I love the Sex and the City movie too!

Carrie said...

Great post about daddy it made me cry he is the best! Check out my blog I just gave you an award!

MiMi said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love the "daddy" pictures.
Emilie

Jamie said...

What a fun weekend! I'm a little late on the commenting, lol.

& I saw The Happening, too. Oh, it was horrible! Such a waste of $7.

Hope you have a good weekend!