Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We are not in Kansas anymore....

Today we were under a tornado watch almost the whole day. Then around 2:15 it was announced on the intercom that we were under a tornado warning and we needed to proceed into the hall immediately. The fact that I had been teaching all day, I never had a chance to look at the weather or even out the window. The kids and I were pretty surprised by this announcement. The kids had to sit in the very uncomfortable position for about 30 mins. Bless their hearts! I felt so bad! Needless to say everything turned out okay and all the kids got to leave to go home on time. It was scary, but thankfully we are all safe!

4 comments:

MiMi said...

I am sure that was a very long 30 minutes for everyone involved! Glad you are all safe!

Amy said...

I know how you feel. In less than 5 minutes we had every resident out in the hallway at the nursing home. SCARY! (AND HOT)

Mandy said...

I hate tornados!! I'm glad everyone was okay though!

Kim said...

Hey Robyn! Just wanted to let you know my blog address has changed. You know, in case you couldn't find it. :)

http://meuboo.blogspot.com