Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Blog Award and other NEWS!!

I received this award from Kim and Amy!! Thanks so much girls!!
The Kreative Blogger Award requires that you list 6 things that make you happy and pass it on to 6 other bloggers.

Six things that make me happy:
1) I have to start off by saying being pregnant. Yes things are not always pleasant or comfortable, but I love knowing that I am creating a life and keeping it safe.
2) My husband! Amazing, always there for me, makes me laugh everyday, loves my unconditionally, and will do ANYTHING for me!! I LOVE HIM!!!
3) Going to work! Yes I teaching can be a very overwhelming job, but at the end of the day and all those wonderful moments in between, I know what I am doing makes a difference.
4) Duncan (my dog)! He is a huge part of my life. When I am at home is always near by and he just makes me smile!
5) Books! I have always love to read and I love being able to escape.
6) Family! Last but NOT least! I love my family and everything they do for me!


I am giving this award to:
Since everyone that I would send it to has already gotten this, I am not passing the award on :)!



Other News:
Nick and I have had this looming problem that has been hanging over our heads since we have found out I was pregnant. Who is going to keep the baby when I go back to work? I am only getting about 6-7 weeks off, so the thought of leaving the baby with a stranger was weighing down on me. We finally got the answer to our prayers Sunday!! We have been wanting Nick's mom to ask us about watching him, but we wanted it be her idea. I just would feel better if I knew it was something she WANTED to do. Well Sunday she came by our house and asked if she could watch the baby for the two months that will be left of school and then see how it goes. Well I, of course, said YES!!! I know she will do a wonderful job, but she is a little nervous since it has been so long since she has had to take care of a baby. Anyway I am so happy the lord has answered my prayer!! I can now go back to work and know my baby is safe and loved!

I have also had some questions about how I am feeling. Well you always hear about the 2nd trimester being this wonderful time. I have to say in the last two weeks I have felt pretty wonderful! I am not near as tired or having the incredible back pain that I was having. The part that has changed is sleeping at night. I have a body pillow and without it I would get NO sleep. I basically have to switch the side I am sleeping on constantly. Of course I am getting up to use the bathroom about every 2-3 hours. So other than sleeping I am doing great! I am getting bigger by the day!! Maybe I will get some pictures this weekend of the growing belly. Have a great Tuesday!

P.S. We decided to put up a chair rail in the nursery. We are going to paint the bottom khaki and the top half green. Thank you all for your suggestions!!

7 comments:

The Allens said...

I have the same two issues: who will watch our baby and sleeping! My doctor told me yesterday to get a body pillow. It's been about three weeks since I've had a good night's sleep and I am constantly flopping around. My husband, therefore, hasn't had a good night's sleep in a while, either!

Harris Family said...

Oh, praise the Lord for working out your child care! I always say...HE is bigger than our problems and HE knows best...thank goodness! I know how you feel. We are at a point of deciding what I am going to do.

Katie said...

Robyn,
Yea! I'm glad you are doing well.

Praise the LORD about your mother in law. I went through something similar when Zach was born because I was finishing my master's degree. The LORD brought the perfect person to watch Zach while I did! Go GOD!

Amy said...

I'm so happy Nick's mom is going to watch the baby!!! What a blessing.... maybe she will go into business and watch out baby one day :-) just a thought!!!!hehe

Stacy Gibbs said...

Hi! I'm having a giveaway on my blog that I think you may love! Come join and I hope you win! Thanks so much! :)

Carrie said...

Congrats on the award! So glad Nick's mom will be taking care of our boy.

Julie said...

I am a bad blogger when it comes to commenting. I love your bedding and think the wall colors will be so cute. I think you missed the under construction bib and burp cloth set on stacy's blog so I left a comment for you just in case you might win!! I need to know what kind of taggie you want me to make!


PS And a name when you get it!!
hehe