Monday, November 24, 2008

Introducing THE CRIB!

Finally I have pictures to show of all the hard work my husband has been doing every Saturday for a couple months. Just to give you an idea the room was originally blue with nasty carpet. Nick pulled up the carpet and put down bamboo hardwood flooring, that I just LOVE! He then put up chair railing and painted the walls. It looks so wonderful! He put the crib together yesterday and we put the bedding and mobile on last night. I ordered blinds this morning, so things are finally coming together. We also have one dresser in our garage. We had to order a hutch to go on top of that dresser along with another dresser. This room does not have a closet so I am trying to get all the storage I can. We are still looking for a chair for the room. Anyone know of places with good deals. Gliders are ridiculously priced! Anyway this is the room so far!

A little blurry

Rug
Duncan loves the bed!
He really didn't want to get out
Mobile with little trucks
Nothing here yet, but I love the floor


I am also into my 3rd trimester today! I cannot believe how fast the time goes by. I am trying not to rush it along because I want to enjoy this part as much as possible. The last week or so has really tested my patience with the whole process. I have been having extreme back pain at night. I do not sleep well and find it hard to get out of the bed to make the many trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night. On top of that I am now sick with a cold and I have my glucose screening tomorrow. Not fun! Luckily I am off work this whole week so hopefully I can rest up and get better quickly.

here are my attempts of taking my own picture. Me at 28 weeks.

11 comments:

Jenna said...

Love the nursery! You look so cute! Rest up this week, back pain is not fun, but I find that if I take it easy it really helps!

Carrie said...

Cute it looks so good! I can't wait to see the rest of the furniture.

Meg said...

You look gorgeous! I absolutely love the room colors, beautiful! Julie got her glider from Greers, I don't know how much it was.

Jenna said...

I know what you mean about the bottles! SO confusing! I ended up getting the Playtex Drop Ins because I'm going to formula feed. My best friend used them with both of her babies and loved them!

The Allens said...

Looks great! One more week and I'm in the 3rd trimester with you!

Faith said...

The nursery looks great!! And, so do you!

BK said...

Oh my goodness, it's adorable!!! All that hard work, totally paid off! I especially love the wall colors and the flooring looks awesome!

You look so cute pregnant too! :-)

Kelly said...

The room looks great!!! So cute - love the floors!
I feel you on all that - my back is killing me and I'm so tired (because I get up EVERY hour to go to the bathroom). Life is not comfortable but OH so worth it!!!

Staci said...

I love the green and brown together! What a cute place to bring Andrew home to!!

Amy said...

the nursery looks great!!!! and you.... look wonderful

MiMi said...

Duncan in the crib --Priceless!

The nursery is looking great and so are you!