Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Doctors visit and Paying it Forward

I had my 30 week check up today. Everything looked great and Andrew's heartbeat was a strong 160. My glucose test was fine so I don't have to go for the three hour test! Praise the Lord!! I discussed the back pain and the response from the doctor was basically "As long as you are not bleeding it is nothing abnormal. Sorry!" Now I really like my doctor, but this is not what I wanted to hear.

On another subject: Nick and I went to a local restaurant Saturday and were sitting across from an older couple and their grand daughter. We never spoke to them and they never spoke to us. When we got our bill the waitress told us they had paid $20 of our bill. We were shocked and felt so blessed. The couple had already left so we couldn't thank them, but we defiantly plan on paying it forward to someone else. How wonderful is it to know people like that exist in the world. They didn't even need a thank you. WOW!

Also please check out my sister Christy's blog. She has decided to join the blogging world, so go to here blog and leave her lots of comments. It is no fun blogging if no one is reading!

10 comments:

Carrie said...

I am glad you don't have to have the other test yuck! How sweet was that of them!

Carrie said...

I had to leave another comment because the word verification now is unbox how funny is that

Kelly said...

So neat that happened!
Oh the back pain is about to do me in but I guess it's a small price to pay for a sweet baby.

BK said...

Glad that your check up went well!!!

That's awesome. It reminds me of something that happened to us on Black Friday (on a smaller scale). The parking lots were packed, and it was SO HARD to find a park. We were circling around and a woman was coming out of the store, she pointed to wear she parked and waited on us to make it over there to prevent other cars from getting it. We did the same thing when it left the store!

BK said...

Wow. I meant *where* -- I've been studying to long!!!

christycarter said...

I am glad to hear everything is OK with Andrew. And it is good to hear that there are good people out there. They didn't want praise, they just wanted to make someone else's day better. We need more people like that. Oh thank for the shout out.

The Allens said...

I'm at 28 weeks now and the back pain really kicked in about a week ago. I thought I had been diligent about doing things that could prevent it (per the books), but not so much. It is excruciating at times. If you find relief let me know!

Improvedliving said...

yeah its good you dont need to have other test.


Doctors Excuses

Amy said...

I love the whole pay it forward thing!!!!! What a great time of year to do it!!
So glad to hear your test went well

Meg said...

Yay for good appointment! Who is your doctor? I love my doctor too but sometimes I think I'd get more sympathy from a woman. lol..

Wow, what a story! We had a discussion in sunday school a couple of weeks ago about paying it forward. I love this season, it brings out so much joy in people.