Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SURPRISE Shower!

Yesterday after taking my class to the computer lab, we made our way back down the 5th grade hallway. A fellow teacher asked if my class could come in here room to read a story. I said "sure" and we walked in. To my utter shock I was greeted by all the 5th grade students, some parents, teachers, my sister, and mother-in-law and a table full of gifts. Apparently this surprise shower has been in the works since Oct. and the students planned the whole thing. They had gifts, balloons, cupcakes, drinks, and chips. I can't believe they did not let the secret slip for two months. I was completely shocked! I really have some amazing kids that I get to spend the day with. I got some cute clothes, diapers, wipes, and some wonderful cards. What a blessing to have such a fulfilling job!! Some pictures were taken by a teacher and I hope to get them soon, but I had to post about this now. Have a great Tuesday!

9 comments:

Meg said...

Yay! Wow, what a great surprise!
What are you going to do with all those clothes?? lol

christycarter said...

Oh, Robyn I was truly touched by how thoughtful your kids were. They love you so much. And I was touched by your face when you walked in. I had to fight back to tears.

Carrie said...

How sweet! I hate that I missed it!

Staci said...

Oh my gosh...what a nice surprise! You're right...kids keeping a secret for 2 months is pretty astounding!

Julie said...

Wow! Those kids were very good at keeping a secret. It is really hard to do. Yah more goodies for baby Andrew.

PS Sorry about your name, my mom picked up the gift in the mountains and I forgot to tell her about the spelling. Maybe you can fix it, I didn't want to make it worse. =)-

Jenna said...

That is so sweet! Sounds like a great group of kids!

BK said...

Precious!!!

The Allens said...

Your showers look wonderful and I LOVE the quote on the nursery wall. I will have to look into something like that!

Amy said...

How sweet!!!!!!!!!