Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration 2009


Well we did not have snow, but I did get to watch the Presidential Inauguration with my classes. We planned the day around presidential lessons and had the news on all day in the background. From 11:30-12:30 we sat and watched history take place. No matter what your views are or who you voted for, it is great to witness such a moment in history. The kids were so into the whole day. In my math classes we graphed the ages of the last 15 presidents age at their inauguration. I can't believe how much the kids know about Obama. They probably couldn't tell one thing about Bush, but ask them about Obama and they can tell you his life history. So I hope that Obama is able to accomplish everything he is setting out to. I hope he lives up to everyone's expectations!!

I am 36 weeks now and there was nothing new at my docotor's apt. I start going every week now, so that should be fun!

5 comments:

The Allens said...

I'm 34 and a half weeks now and I'm already ready to be done! :) My husband posted about the events of the day, as well. It was quite a day!

Amy said...

We did not get to watch any of it :-( Strictly work.....

Meg said...

you're right, it was history! Even my 5 y/o neice was pumped up.

You're getting closer!!

Liz said...

I just stumbled onto your blog from somewhere (not sure) and I just wanted to tell you that I have my own baby boy Andrew but we have ended up calling him Andy. I will be praying for a safe delivery for you both. Congratulations!

Jessica said...

So great you got to watch it with your classes!