Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday

I have to start out by saying thanks to everyone who commented on my header!! Thanks so much! Also I am so glad to know I am not the only one stressed out about breast feeding.

Okay back to Sunday. Sunday started off with going to church and hearing a great sermon. Then Nick and I ate lunch and went to the grocery store. When we got home Nick and I were both in the mood to bake. I baked cupcakes (from a box) for my wonderful kids at school. Nick (being the over achiever he is :)) decided to try a cake recipe from Bon Apetit magazine. He made Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate peanut butter frosting and peanut butter brittle. If you are feeling adventurous click on the link. The cake was as good as it sounds. Delicious!! It took him about 2 hours to make, but it was so worth it. Take a look at the pictures!

We also put together the stroller and pack-and play. When the Pack and Play was finally put together we realized it did not fit through our bedroom door! WHAT? I plan on having the baby sleep in our room for the first few months. Now we are going to have to take some of it apart to get it through the door.


Duncan loved the stroller. Really he does. I rolled him around the living room and he just sat an looked around.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

That is the cutest picture of Duncan somehow I missed your last post love the new header!

Julie said...

HA! We did the same thing with our pack in play. It is bigger than it looks. That pattern is so cute! Now all you need is Andrew! It will not be long now!

High Maintenance Mama said...

CUTE!!!! I know you are getting ready for baby boy... it will be so much FUN!!! Come visit me and follow along during my adventure of pregnancy #3... katieshumate.blogspot.com

The Allens said...

We put together the stroller this weekend. Haven't put the carseat in the car yet. How do people figure out how all this stuff works?

BK said...

That cake looks sooooo good!!!

And Duncan is adorable!!!!

Jessica said...

You will be fine! I promise.. Harbor is 8 weeks and I totally feel like if I had to, I could go back to work now. In 8 weeks, they get big!! : ) You are going to LOVE motherhood! It is crazy fun!!

Meg said...

Cute stuff! I love your new background too..

Ketha said...

I laugh with you. We bought a pack and play for our new granddaughter when she comes to visit. We did the same thing...put it together and then couldn't get it in the guest room. Had to dismantle, squeeze it together and then put it back together again... I'm telling you....they didn't have those contraptions when I had my babies...LOL LOL