Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1 Week Old


My little Andrew is already one week old! Wow time really does fly! He is a super baby, of course ;)! He usually only cries when he is being changed. He is already on a schedule of some sorts. I never intended to try to get him on one, but he seems to have fallen into one on his own. He goes to sleep between 9-10pm and sleeps for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. He then wakes up to feed and get changed. He then quickly goes back to sleep for usually up to 4 hours. He feeds and gets changed again. We usually are telling daddy good-bye for the day and then we sneak in a few more hours (usually 2) of sleep. We wake up and eat and get changed with a cute new outfit. I get ready while he sits in bouncy seat. We talk to each other the whole time. He loves hearing the noise of the water and hair dryer. We then sit, talk, and play for a couple hours. This is his most alert time of the day. He then sleeps for 3 to 4 hours and wakes to eat and then back to sleep for 3 hours. He then wakes around 4 and stays up till he goes to sleep that night. I can't believe he stays up for as long as he does in the evening, but I think it is helping him sleep so well at night. He is such a calm baby and never gets upset unless he is getting his diaper changed. See!
My absolute favorite thing to do, which might sound weird, is to burp him. I lay him on my chest and he just grunts and coos and seems so content to lay there forever. I love this time!!
I can't remember to turn the flash off!
I am so in love!

8 comments:

Lea Liz said...

he is soo adorable!! Yes time flies by soo fast!!!!! That is great he is on a schedule already!! He's a cutie!!

Mandy said...

WOW!! I am so impressed by his schedule! He is just such a little cutie...how could you not be so in love?

BK said...

Every time I see him or any other baby, it makes me want to happy cry. Imagine the mess I'll be when I have one of my own in the far future!They are all truly miracles. He truly is precious.

Carrie said...

he is so sweet!

Amy said...

What a perfect baby Andrew is!!! So glad to hear this. Thank you for all the stories. I love the last picture of him!!!

The Allens said...

He's so cute! I am glad all is going so well!

Meg said...

awww how sweet and what a great baby!!

Harris Family said...

Awww. I am so glad things are going so well. I am already praying for a good sleeper and a schedule of some sort. I am afraid, otherwise, I might lose my mind! He is so precious! My favorite pic is of you burping him. That is so sweet!