Friday, June 5, 2009

School's Out for the Summer!!!

How blessed am I? I have a job that allows me to spend the summer with my baby and still get paid!! Of course if you are a teacher or know one, you know we spend plenty of our own time (and money) to make up for the summer. I have spent tons of extra hours (that I was not getting paid for) working on things at home or at school, so this break is well deserved, at least I think so. HA! Anyway we had our last post-planning day today and now it is SUMMER TIME!! I used to spend the summer being super lazy, but now with Andrew I am looking forward to lazy days with him.

Yesterday Nick and I celebrated our 4 year Anniversary!! Time really has flown by, but everyday gets better and better. I am so lucky to have met Nick so early in my life. He is my best friend and so much more. I couldn't ask for a better father for Andrew! Andrew lights up when Nick walks in the room. We went to a local restaurant last night and took Andrew along. We are also going out of town for dinner and a movie Saturday and my mom is going to keep Andrew. We are so excited, especially for the movie. That is not something you can do with a little one in tow. So I wish everyone a wonderful weekend!!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Four years wow it goes by fast! What movie are going to see?

Sarah said...

You do deserve the break!!! My sister and brother in law are both teachers and I see how much extra time they put into work! I think my brother in law did the math and after all the extra time he puts into school he makes like 6.50 an hour!

BK said...

Enjoy your summer break!!! And happy anniversary! I hope yall have a wonderful date!!!

Madison said...

I know you're thankful for the break. Happy Anniversary!

MiMi said...

Congratulations to you and Nick! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a fun "date night" tonight! Enjoy the movie!