Sunday, November 8, 2009

World Vision

For the last 3 Sundays at church they have showed a video from World Vision. World Vision allows you to sponsor a child that is in need because of AIDS/HIV and/or poverty. Today the video just struck me and made me want to help. For $35 dollars a month I will be able to sponsor a child a provide them with:

  • Clean water
  • Nutritious food
  • Health care, including AIDS prevention
  • Educational opportunities
  • Spiritual nurture
  • Care for sick or dying parent
  • HIV and AIDS counseling
  • All I could think about was: “ Ok I could by one shirt less a month or not eat out one time a month.” I HAVE to do this! So needless to say I did! I am now the sponsor of 5 year old little girl from Kenya. Her name is Ekadeli and she has two sisters. She is considered a Hopechild because she is living in a community affected by AIDS or HIV. She loves to draw and play with her toys. Her family is struggling to make ends meet. I cannot wait to hear from her and I hope that my small contribution will help her and her family. I encourage everyone to sponsor a child or simply help someone in need. Far to many times we only think of what we want and not of others. Go to World Vision and change a life!!

    header-worldvisionlogo

    2 comments:

    Meg said...

    That's so awesome you found some way to help and you'll get to know your little girl! I can't wait to hear stories.

    Kelley said...

    I don't know you but your World Vision title caught my eye. World Vision is near and dear to our hearts. If you want some more encouragement that you made a good choice, search around my blog - especially "Together We Can Make a Difference" in August and "Less Than a Week Away" "It's Here" and "My Experience with the Experience" in September and "Aluminum Can Recycling Day" in October. I'm so glad you're on board! You will be blessed :)
    Kelley
    www.kelleyskidsetc.blogspot.com