Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Resolutions

newyears1

I hope everyone is having a great New Year! I love making resolutions and there is always something that I can improve on. So here they are in no particular order:

1) Read the Bible: We received our monthly bulletin from church and inside was a plan on how to read the entire Bible in a year. Nick and I are going to do this together.

2) Lose weight: It is so cliché, but I HAVE to. I never thought that almost a year later I would still need to lose baby weight, but here we are. I want to lose 20 and I know I can do it!! More details to come…

3) Get more organized: This goes for work and home. Nick and I made a huge improvement in our home yesterday. We cleaned out our garage and now it is so much better. I hate feeling disorganized, but sometimes it just happens.

4) Be a better mother: I can always be better and I will always strive to do everything better for Andrew. He is the light of my life and I want nothing more than to raise him to be a happy, healthy, and smart boy.

5) Be a better wife: I sometimes find myself putting 100% of my energy into being a mother and not that much into being a wife. This year I will much a conscience effort to improve this.

6) Being a better teacher: I will try to be more patient and remember they are only 10! This one is so hard! I want to improve on my lessons plans.

 

So,  what are your New Year’s resolutions?

2 comments:

Meg said...

What great resolutions, I have almost the same ones. I laugh at what I once said when Cash was just weeks old, about how our marriage hadn't changed since his birth. Ha, that's because it hadn't had time to. You are so right, it's easy to let the marriage become second or third or so on..

christycarter said...

Those are all great resolutions. I think you already have most of them in the bag. Great mommy, wife and teacher. Good luck with the weight loss and bible reading.