Monday, February 1, 2010

Diet Week 5

I am still going strong! I really am proud of myself for sticking with it this time. It is not always easy and I don’t always follow it to a tee. I do however workout 5 to 6 times a week and follow the food diet from Sunday to Thursday perfectly. Friday night I have our usual Mexican (without the cheese dip-how I miss thee!!) and Saturday we usual go out for dinner. Lunches and Breakfast are always Slim Fast bar or Shake. I have also only had 2 soft drinks in 5 weeks and NO caffeine (the two soft drinks were sprite). I have still not had a headache since! I have lost a total of 7 lbs!! Last time I was dieting I would lose about 1 lb a week, so this is a good place for my body. Of course I wish it was faster, but I know I will get there.

I have had a lot of people ask me “Well what snacks ARE you eating?” Other than the Slim Fast I love to snack on a few of these:

Dried Banana Chips: My absolute favorite! It is like eating sweet potato chips. I do limit this b/c of the high sugar and carbs.

g807  

I keep 100 calorie packs in the pantry always!

ritz

For a special treat I have these!! So yummy!

 6pk2ozWW-IC_CandyBar-0709

As I have said before I LOVE Crystal Light Lemonade. Besides water this is all I drink.

Nick has been missing sweet tea ( I have too!) so he decided to try this. It was surprisingly good. You have to get use to it, b/c it is different than your normal tea.

DSC02916(rev 1)

I also eat applesauce, fruits/vegs., Special K crackers, Laughing Cow Cheese, Low fat String Cheese, etc.

Do you have a favorite healthy snack?

4 comments:

christycarter said...

For me a usually go for the granny smith apple or the oreo 100 calorie pack. Makes me feel like I am cheating.

christy

Tina Leigh said...

WOW!! Congrats!! Keep it up! I have no help for snacks. Maybe some of those little cherry tomatoes and cheese is good to me.

Tina Leigh said...

Oh & I like those flavored wheat thins,like the tomato & basil cracker things.

Sonja said...

Great job on your diet! I love to snack on celery with reduced fat peanut butter. I also love yogurt with granola and cottage cheese with fruit yum! The crystal light teas and lemonade are really good, I drink those too :)