Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Check out my sister Carrie’s blog, I was a guest blogger today! I posted the recipe on my blog also, because she was unable to get all the pictures to load. Enjoy!

Chicken Tostada

Tomatillo Sauce (this can be made ahead of time)
6 or 7 tomatillos
med. onion chopped
2 whole cloves of garlic
1 jalapeno
Broil on a pan with salt till chard. Put everything in to a blender add a little chicken stock (enough to cover the mixture), cilantro (as much as you prefer), and splash of lime juice and blend.

DSC02905(rev 1)DSC02906(rev 1)
Chicken Topping
1/2 cooked cubed chicken
1/2 can of enchilada sauce
Tortillas
Heat chicken and sauce together in a pan until warm.

   DSC02908(rev 1)

 

Heat Tortillas in oil until firm and brown.
Add your favorite ingredients such as: cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, refried beans
Also don't forget the tomatillo sauce on top!

DSC02910(rev 1)

3 comments:

Tina Leigh said...

Hey Robyn....dropping by to say hey. I am not a fan of mexican food but this sounds tempting!

I'll be back!

boo.mama said...

This looks sooo good! I might just have to stop by the grocery store to pick up the ingredients!

Carrie said...

ok I didnt even get the last one I am stealing right now to add to the post lol!