Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Update

We had  very low key weekend. I mean VERY low key. It was so cold and nasty that we just decided to stay in and enjoy our little boy. We did manage to get out Saturday to go grocery shopping. Ha!

Sunday we went to church and afterwards had our new and improved Sunday School class. We are reading Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer. So far it is a great book. The book is centered around listening to God when he is speaking to us. Most people can look back on their lives and see how God listened to them at a difficult time. Maybe during that moment you didn’t think he heard you, but he was listening. I am excited for this class and I know Nick and I will grow from it. 001315095_L

In the nursery they said Andrew was so good and the only sounds they heard out of him where happy sounds! Don’t you just loving hearing good things about your child? It makes me so proud!

DSC02913(rev 1)DSC02911(rev 1)

Well the “weather man” is calling for a chance of more ice this week!! I can deal with ice,but not without power! LOL! I hope everyone has a safe week!

P.S. Please say a prayer for my Grandmother. She is in the hospital from a small heart attack. They were going to run some dye through her,but couldn’t because he kidneys were not functioning right. She is not happy about being there and I can’t blame her. 

2 comments:

Sonja said...

I am sorry about your grandmother, I hope she is alright. That book sounds interesting, I am gonna have to check it out! BTW Your son is just so adorable!

Tina Leigh said...

Sorry to hear about your gram! I hope all works out with her.
Saturday was wetttt here but yesterday was nice.

The study sounds good....any time you are trying to listen to GOD shows an obediance that HE will honor.