Monday, March 29, 2010

Sick baby

I am at home today with a sick baby. Not that you could tell from the following pictures, but last night and this morning were a different story. He woke up around midnight screaming (he never wakes up screaming) and burning up. I immediately knew something was wrong. I took his temperature and it said 101.3. He was so hot to the touch and wanted to be held. He hardly ever wants to be wrapped in a blanket, but last night he was almost shaking he was so cold. Long story short he slept till 5:00 and I rocked him till we went to the doctors around 10. We then waited in the doctors office for an hour (all the while listening to a screaming baby with a mother who didn’t even know how to hold a baby and one mother who was falling asleep while two-year old ran around)! Finally we went in and Andrew no longer had a temperature, but did have an ear infection. The doctor said his ears did not look terrible, but not normal. Needless to say we are now on a 10 day regimen of antibiotics and lots of love!

The pictures were from after the doctors office. As you can tell he is feeling fine right now. I have a feeling that when the sun goes down we are going to have the fever back. Pray for a speedy recovery!

DSC00009(rev 1) DSC00045(rev 1)

I love this picture of him! He looks like a teacher!!DSC00030(rev 1) 

Loves his tongue! DSC00049(rev 1)

DSC00055(rev 1) DSC00072(rev 1)

4 comments:

boo.mama said...

Poor thing! I hope he feels better soon!

Meg said...

aww poor baby, many hugs to little Andrew. Cash had a fever 2 weeks ago 102.8 (even though they couldn't find anything wrong-teething they think), scary thing, isn't it? Sick babies are the worst.

Carrie said...

I hope he feels better soon I can't wait to see him on Sunday... him and that tongue lol

Oh yea I can't wait to see you either lol

BK said...

I hope he's feeling 100% soon!!!