Saturday, May 22, 2010

I feel like Oprah

I am sure this made someone laugh! If you watch Oprah, or even if you don’t, you know that she struggles with her weight. She has finally said she is done with dieting and talking about losing weight. I am feeling the same way. While pregnant I gained 40 lbs. I am currently the same weight I was before I got pregnant. Huge accomplishment, right? Well not really! I am 1 to 2 sizes bigger at the same weight. So obviously something needs to change! This time I am not buying anything! I am tired of the fads and dollars spent on an easy fix.

I found a website that is free and tracks your calories called My Plate. I am also going to use the Cooking Light website for meals because it tells you everything (calories, carbs, and portion sizes). I am going to attempt working out more. It is so hard with a toddler running around and pulling on your legs the entire time. I need to make this a priority and make time. I honestly just want to feel better about myself and be healthier.

So what are we eating for this upcoming week for supper?:

Monday: Grilled Tilapia with smoked paprika and parmesan polenta-422 calories

Tuesday: Quick Taco Salad-332 calories

Wednesday: Spaghetti with sausage and simple tomato sauce-460 calories

Thursday: Leftover Taco Salad (5th grade recognition night-NO TIME TO COOK!)

Friday: La Cabana-my reward and splurge of the week!

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

BK said...

Your menu for the week sounds great! I found that in college if I mapped out my weekly meals I would eat much more healthy and save money. We need to get back into that habit!

Meg said...

I know, my body is completely different than it used to be. It's depressing!! I'm gonna look into this website for sure. I need some help too. Good luck, I know you can do it!

The Allens said...

That's great! I am really confused about the bigger size and the same weight, though, that would just irritate me! :) I cook A LOT from Cooking Light. Generally pretty easy and very good! Good luck to you.