Thursday, July 8, 2010

Making Plans

The house plans are moving slow. With Nick working so much we haven't found the time to work on the drawings and finalize them. I included a picture of the drawing that is in progress. It is actually pretty close to what we want, but with a few minor adjustments.


Starting at the left is the front door that we currently have and this is not going to change. Right now you walk in our front door and go immediately up a flight of stairs and the living space is on the second floor. This second floor will remain the same except the kitchen will be turned into an office. On the new plans you will walk into a foyer/mudroom and into the living room. The space on the left in between the kitchen and living room is the same stairs, but changed a little. There is also a separate dinning room, power room, and master bedroom with bathroom. It is hard to see on the picture, but that is the best I could do. We are undecided on the outside space. We want a huge deck and screened in porch, but we are not sure where to put them. I am so excited about the possibilities and we hope to sit down with the contractor very soon and start talking prices! Not excited about the prices, but the progress!!


1 comment:

Meg said...

Wow, that is so awesome. I can't wait to see the progress!! I have the rebuilding bug but knowing the market is so bad I guess I'll settle for redecorating for now.

Andrew is so funny in those pics below. I love nap time, it's the ONLY time I get anything done. lol.