Saturday, August 21, 2010

Discussion Questions for Chapters 1-10 of The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes

 

 

1. What was your first impression of Tim?

At first he seemed like a really good guy, but very mysterious at the same time. It is also strange that he seems to be so in love and interested in a 16 year old girl so quickly.

2. If you were in CeeCee’s position, would you be willing to help your boyfriend in the way that she is willing to help Tim?

I would never consider breaking the law for anyone, but I have to keep remembering that she is 16 and in LOVE. Love can make you do crazy things.

3. Why do you think CeeCee is so eager to please Tim?

I believe the fact that she is a young orphan and feeling love from a male has a lot to do with her trying to please him.

4. Who do you think has it harder? Tim or CeeCee?

CeeCee for sure! She is going to be all alone in a cabin with no help from anyone. Also she has it harder in her life in general. Tim was left with a ton of money and a brother. CeeCee is very alone.

5. What character trait(s) about CeeCee stuck out the most to you in these first ten chapters?

She is very loyal, but to put it bluntly-she is stupid! She is very immature and believes anything anyone tells her.

6. Do you think CeeCee is as mature as she seems?

I guess I just answered this question. She is not mature and does not think for herself.

 

I have really enjoyed reading this book. I am behind on the readings already, but I will eventually finish!

No comments: