Monday, November 1, 2010

Going Natural

I was born with naturally curly hair. Well let me rephrase that. I was born with pretty straight hair, but the older I got the curlier it became. I hated it with every bone in my body. I had it straightened professional several times only to be burdened with the curls months later. I have  dried and straightened my hair almost everyday for as long as I could hold a hair dryer. I have been letting my hair grow out for a while now. This has added to the pain of trying to uncurl the curl. Over the weekend I went to my curly roots. I do this from time to time, but always go back. Now that my length is longer the curls seemed to working a little better than normal. I am now on day 3 and I am beginning to embrace the stress free hair days! I mean who doesn’t like to wash, spray, and go! Literally I spray some curl boosting stuff on the hair, scrunch, and end with a little hairspray. That is it! So easy and mom friendly! I think I am hooked! Of course I will straighten from time to time, but for the moment I am embrace the natural look!!

Not this best picture to show the hair! I was at home today still sick from the strep and sleep all day. I will post a better picture later!

DSC02414-1(rev 1)

If any of you curly haired beauties know of any good products please let me know! I am in foreign territory!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I think it looks cute Brinsley is embracing the natural look too

Carrie

Madison said...

CHI infer gel-maxium hold

Frizz-Ease helps with flyaways.

I have thick curly hai, so what I use is a little different, but these two products work great for curly hair in general.

Meg said...

I love it on you!! I know we've discussed it before, but I love the Fekkai stuff they sell at B&BW. Really you can order it anywhere. I always bought the trial kit for curly hair..

Robyn Beele said...

Thanks everyone for the help! I am going to have to try out the products!

Bryan - Kelda said...

I used Frizz-Ease curly styling gel/very relax hold, but of course when you love something it gets discontinued, so now I have been using Aussie spray cream or some sort of cream based gel I can not stand to have crunchy hair :). Good luck!!!!!!!