Wednesday, January 19, 2011

23 Months

Weight/Height:  close to the same as last month- 24 lbs and about 33 inches tall- he is a little squirt!

Clothes: 18 months for pants and shirts (some shirts and pants are beginning to get a little small), size 4 diapers, and size 6 shoe.

Food: He is drinking 2 Sippy cups of milk, one in the morning and one sometime during the day.   He also drinks at least 3 cups of juice mixed with water.  He is still very picky but beginning to have more of an appetite. Really likes apples at the moment.

Motor Skills: very active!! He is always running and crawling over things. He makes his mama very scared all the time! Smile He is going down stairs much better as long as you hold on to one hand

Sleep: He is still sleeping great in his BIG BOY BED!! I lay him down around the same time every night (8:00ish) and he goes to sleep on his own  He is still taking one nap a day and it is usually 2-3 hours long! He sleeps well for the babysitter, but not near as long. He loves his bed at home!- same as last month. He is a great sleeper!

Talking: He is constantly talking and saying new words. He can basically repeat anything I say, so it is hard to list new words. He is starting to put together 2 and 3 word phrases. New words: EXCITED!! He says this every time he is really happy for something to happen. Welcome (when you say thank you he says this-so cute), love you-melts my heart!!, stairs, Wal-Mart-apparently we go too much!, names every body part, name TONS of animals with the sound, and recently started counting all the way to 10!!! I still can’t believe it. I have always counted things out to him and finally he caught on. He never misses a number and gets so excited when he gets to ten. However, I CANNOT get him to count in front of anyone but Nick and I. He will say “1, 2, and then start laughing!

Teeth: Tons of new teeth. I have lost count!


Interest: Loves playing with cars, trains, tractors, and books. Still enjoys going on rides in the car, visiting grandparents, and being out and about.  He is getting very intolerant of sitting for a long time at a restaurant. He wants to eat immediately and then wants down. We are going to stick to fast food if possible for awhile. He is obsessed with the Wiggles!! He is also VERY interested in the computer and will sit and watch videos, but really want to use the mouse.

Potty Training: He is still telling us every time he goes number 2 and sometimes before he goes pee pee. He is beginning to not like the wet feeling of the diaper and this has never bothered him before. I believe he is ready, but mommy is not ready!! I don’t want to start on a weekend and leave it up to his babysitter to deal with it during the week. I am really trying to hold off till this summer.

I can’t believe Andrew will turn 2 in a month!! This year has literally FLOWN by!! I don’t know where the time goes. I honestly believe having a toddler is way harder than an infant. Yes the sleep is better, but he is very demanding at times! However he is the most precious thing in my life and I am blessed to have him!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I can't believe we almost have 2 year olds either! When did WE grow up? lol. Andrew is sooo smart! and adorable too, as always.