Sunday, February 20, 2011

Andrew’s Birthday Cont./Weekend

I posted about this briefly, but now I have the pictures! Andrew got to go to one of his favorite Mexican restaurants for his birthday Friday.  Nick’s mom and grandmother joined us. Andrew did so well and loved the cheese dip and quesadilla.  After ward’s the staff sang Happy Birthday and even smeared whip cream on his face. He LOVED it and laughed so hard! (Excuse the pictures! I forgot my camera and Nick had to take them with his phone)

Hartwell-20110218-00106Hartwell-20110218-00107Hartwell-20110218-00108

We then headed to Nick’s parents to open gifts. Andrew loved everything he got!! Hartwell-20110218-00113Hartwell-20110218-00114Hartwell-20110218-00117Hartwell-20110218-00120

Saturday, we worked around the house some and cleaned out the garage.  It became a dumping ground during the addition work.  Anyway we met Nick’s parents at their house for lunch. We then headed to my niece’s 12th birthday party at a local skating rink.  I had no intentions of letting Andrew skate, but he was SOOO interested! We found some adjustable skates that actually fit.  He didn’t think twice about “skating” around the carpet. He really wanted to go out on the rink, but mommy was not that brave! He only fell a few times and always jumped right back up.  Luckily for him my mom already purchased some skates, with knee pads, for his upcoming birthday party.  I only got one picture! He cried and cried when we had to leave!

IMG-20110219-00121

Notice the Wiggles shirt? Andrew is obsessed with the Wiggles!! My mom found this shirt online and his name is on the back. He loves it!!

Today we went to church. We always make the mistake of telling Andrew where we are going and he walks around saying “church, GO” every few mins. until we leave. He loves church and I am so happy for that! He came home and took a LONG nap.  Nick and I finished cleaning the garage. I am so ready to be done with everything and enjoy what we have! After grocery shopping for the week and supper, we lounged around for the first time all weekend….I also enjoyed a relaxing soak in our new tub. HEAVEN!!

Sorry so long….I have jury duty tomorrow for the first time. Should be interesting!

3 comments:

J said...

Love how he is sitting in that dump truck; LOL! I know how you feel about finally getting to relax and enjoy what you've done to the house. Glad you got at least one evening of relaxation!

BK said...

So cute! Good luck with jury duty!!

Carrie said...

how cute! I can't wait for his party on Saturday!

How did Jury duty go?