Sunday, April 17, 2011

Redneck Caviar

This is the best recipe!! It is a great appetizer/dip that everyone loves. I am not a fan of black eyed peas, bell peppers, or uncooked onion, but it doesn’t even matter with this recipe!! I promise!




Redneck Caviar
1-15 oz.can white shoe peg corn-drained and rinsed
1-15 oz. can of black-eyed peas-drained and rinsed
1 bell pepper chopped
1 med. onion chopped
1 jar Braswell's pepper relish
1-8 oz. bottle Zesty Italian Dressing



Mix together and chill
Serve with Frito Lays Corn Chips Scoops



We had a great Saturday. After Andrew woke from his nap we headed to Anderson. I found some cute clothes for Andrew at Children’s Place, got some refills for my Wallflowers, and made a trip for CRCT treats for my students! We met up with my mom and dad and ate at O’Charley’s. We then headed home to play outside.



Today I worked at the nursery at church for both services and it was great to see what happens when I leave Andrew every week. I even got to watch Dylan and Claire!! I hope I eased Amy and Kim into the nursery and hopefully they will be back at church more often. It is so hard to let them go some where for the first time, but it has been wonderful for Andrew and I know it will be for them also. I have spent the last 2 hours watching Country Strong and it was SOOOO good!! It makes me want to listen to country music more often.



Well we are off to enjoy this beautiful day and grill some food to last us the week!





I can’t have a post without pictures, so here is Andrew and Duncan playing before church.DSC04397DSC04400DSC04402

1 comment:

Kim and Ed said...

You definitely eased our minds! We hope to be back at church more regularly now!