Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend….

Friday we met Kim, Ed, and baby Claire at a local Mexican restaurant.  We had a great time catching up. Saturday we went to Anderson. We ran some errands and then headed to Hobby Lobby! Love that store! We were looking for upholstery fabric to redo our old dining table chairs and bar stools. We had no luck with fabric, but I did stumble across a really cute sheet of scrapbooking paper.

Remember this?…

DSC04686(rev 1)

Well I still felt like it needed something. I knew the paper I found would make a cute centerpiece for the table and it did!! The paper was 75 cents and the Modge Podge was $4.50. It couldn’t get any cheaper!

Right after….still drying…

DSC04687(rev 1)

After….with a clear coat for protection!

DSC04688(rev 1)

I LOVE the paper! I think I might get some more for frames in the play area. What do you think?

DSC04689(rev 1)

Speaking of play room….We are getting ready to start painting and installing chair railing.  Our play room is our old living/dining room. Now it is just one big room with some dark and scuffed up paint. I am wanting to do white on the bottom and something cheerful on top. Next weekend we are going to get the room ready for paint. Wish us luck!!

Here is some inspiration:

I LOVE the board and batten on the walls. I am begging Nick to attempt this upstairs!

IMG_4096_thumb[4]IMG_4105_thumb[4]

 

I love the pictures!!!img43l

 

I love the red, but I don’t think I would go that bold.

img77l

Anyway…we are going to my parents for supper tonight. Tomorrow we are taking all 89 5th graders to a coworkers house for some fun!! Also let me mention that I have class admittedly after school.  I am sure I will not be a pretty sight!!

Have a blessed week! Last week of school!!!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

LOVE that paper and the table looks so good!!!

Kim and Ed said...

The table looks great! Very creative.