Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fireworks and Projects

Last Saturday we went to the annual Pre-4th fireworks show. We had a lot of fun even though it was So hot! Andrew did this the WHOLE time…DSC05202(rev 1)

Nick got him to settle down right before the fireworks by pulling out the phone with pictures of tractors. Works every time!

DSC05203(rev 1)

Andrew loved the fireworks! We are so glad we got to spend the time with my parents also!

Today was my first official day that I did not have to worry about any schools things because I am officially DONE!! I will graduate in a few weeks, but classes are over! I will get a few free weeks before I begin working in my classroom. I spent yesterday doing something I enjoy-decorating!!

Andrew always takes a 3 hour nap, so I had plenty of time!  I remember a box of things I had when I taught Kindergarten Special Education. I brought it all home because it is not very useful with 5th graders! HA! Anyway it had been several years since I have looked in it, but I am so glad I did. I found probably 15 puzzles, which Andrew is really into right now! I also found TONS of books and posters. SCORE!

I have seen pictures on the web of playrooms with alphabet cards/posters and thought the idea was so cute. Well guess what I found? Alphabet Cards!! The ceilings are so tall in the room, so the size worked perfectly. I did NO measuring! I got really lucky that they fit exactly right!

DSC05224(rev 1)

As you can see I have moved around a few things since my last post.

DSC05225(rev 1)

The brown rug came from Andrew’s room. We needed something soft to sit on. I plan on getting larger rug when I can find something at a decent price. I also moved the art table out some to make room for this…

DSC05226(rev 1)DSC05227(rev 1)

The hats are currently hung on thumb tacks until I find some hooks. We have some,but I can’t seem to find them. The picture frame is from The Dollar Tree and I just printed the words in the computer.

DSC05233(rev 1)

The other side of the window has a Gingerbread Man and Little Red Riding Hood poster that were also found in the box of goodness! Another picture frame is underneath.

DSC05229(rev 1)

I also used an old candle holder thing to hold Andrew’s art supplies in. I plan on covering the cans with scrapbook paper.

DSC05234(rev 1)

Andrew has been really into painting lately!

DSC05235(rev 1)DSC05236(rev 1)

I also put a new use to seomthing else I already had. These are old plant holders that go on railings. We were not using them anymore because the straw stuff was old and did not soak up water anymore. Anyway I figured they would do a better job to hold things in the playroom. My sweet husband used a Drimmel (sp.?) tool to cut off the things sticking out that hold the screws.

DSC05205(rev 1)DSC05219(rev 1)

I sprayed painted them white and now they are great for holding coloring books and books!

DSC05230(rev 1)DSC05231(rev 1)

One last project was borrowed from Jessica’s blog.  This was SO simple and I am already thinking of how to use these in other places. The “flowers” are coffee filters! This was so genius and look so real!! Love it! Check out her blog to see the details. It literally took 5 mins.!

 DSC05221(rev 1)DSC05222(rev 1)DSC05223(rev 1)

Sorry so long! Have a great day!

1 comment:

J said...

Love those coffee filter flowers!
Great job with the playroom. You are finding all kinds of reuses for things; I Love to do that! :-)