Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A moment of peace

Today I headed out bright in early for a morning walk. Andrew and I left the house around 7:30 and went to the Hartwell Dam. It was SOOO peaceful! There was only one other person. We saw several people pulling up when we were leaving. I am glad it was nice and quiet while we were there. Andrew absolutely loves riding in the stroller and never complained once.

We walked the whole thing, which is about 3 miles, and I felt great. Here are some pictures that I took along the way:

Lovely…

DSC04945(rev 1)

My walking partner!

DSC04947(rev 1)

Serene…

DSC04948(rev 1)

Almost at the end…

DSC04949(rev 1)

Andrew got in some reading time…

DSC04950(rev 1)

I believe we will be back tomorrow.

For lunch I needed something fast because I had a paper to write. I found this in the bottom of the freezer. I should have left it there! 410 calories! I just noticed that!! So NOT worth it. It was chewy and not tasty! Never again!

DSC04951(rev 1)

I promise to keep going with the house tour soon! I keep forgetting to take pictures!

Question of the Day: What are some quick meals that you eat for lunch?

3 comments:

Meg said...

You do so much better than me. I always just turn to a sandwich for lunch. I crave giant salads full of veggies, but the thought of washing lettuce and chopping up veggies and putting it all together deters me during these busy days. I used to make my own pizzas on those "Flat Out" wraps from walmart. They were huge but low cal. I would cut one in half, put pizza sauce and turkey pepperoni on it with a little cheese. I loved them!

Robyn Beele said...

Meg that sounds like a great solution!! I am going to have to try that! We are excited about Cash's B-day party!

Amy said...

I bought chicken salad from Ingles tonight. It was really good. I did not even taste like it had mayo in it! I will be looking for low-fat/fat-free things in the next few weeks. I will try to post them to share!!