Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Heat Wave

I think almost everyone is experiencing this awful heat wave. We have been in the high 90’s for weeks now and NO rain. However, this heat does not stop this boy from wanting to go outside every evening after supper. He loves every minute of outside time. I am glad I am able to stay in the AC during the day unlike my poor husband who is in it all day long. I have been going to my classroom everyday this week. My room is ready and now I working on lesson plans and copies. Will it ever end? I am enjoying getting to spend time with adults and having some quiet time working before all the chaos begins.

Here is Andrew, red face and all, enjoying outside time!

DSC05438(rev 1)DSC05439(rev 1)DSC05441(rev 1)DSC05446(rev 1)DSC05448(rev 1)DSC05451(rev 1)DSC05452(rev 1)

I also went to the eye doctor today for a yearly exam. I was a year late on this exam, so it was much needed. For those of you who don’t know I am BLIND! I have very poor vision. I am now –6.00 on the left and –6.50 on the right. This was close to what I was wearing, but now I find out I have astigmatism! Great! I had no idea. I really didn’t even know what it meant. Well it can cause blurry vision (check! I was starting to experience this) and headaches (check!). The doctor is ordering me toric contact lenses to try. They are more pricey and thicker which mean uncomfortable. I am going to try them and see.

Off to watch 19 Kids and Counting! I honestly LOVE the show and family! Call me crazy!

5 comments:

Meg said...

I love that show too and admire her so much!! I know what you mean about adult interaction. What a difference it can make! Good luck with the contacts! Hopefully they won't be bad.. Love that last pic of Andrew looking super sweet!

BK said...

My vision is right there with yours, I can't see a thing without my contacts or glasses!

Funny Guy and His Wife said...

I am ready for this heat wave to be over! I don't want to be outside unless there is water involves!

Robyn Beele said...

Bliss I am glad I am not alone! Kim I AGREE!!

Notes She Wrote said...

your little boy is so cute! :) Yes, this heat wave is AWFUL! here in Texas it got up to 110 the other day :( It would probably be worse if my son weren't a baby and wanted to play outside still haha :)


Notes She Wrote