Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pinnable Menu and Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats

I am still loving me some Pinterest! I have been pinning so many yummy looking recipes and I finally decided to start cooking them. I don’t really enjoy cooking, but if I have a recipe I am good to go!

Nick and I have made weekly menus since we got married. It helps so much when we both get home and are exhausted. The last thing I want to do is think about what we are going to eat. We plan the meals on Saturday or Sunday and then grocery shop. We really try to only buy what we need for those meals plus the essentials (milk and bread). We usually only spend around $75 and we go once a month to buy a lot of meat. So the $75 is without meat and of course we are only feeding 2 people,but we always have tons of leftovers.

Anyway, we decided to develop most of our menu this week from things that I have pinned. I have included the link for reference. I am also going to post the results of the meals during the week.

Menu:

Saturday: 3 Meat Pizza Casserole-without the ham (it just didn’t sound good!) with Salad and Olive Garden dressing! YUM!

image

image

Sunday: Chicken Stir Fry, Rice, and Egg Rolls- this is not from Pinterest. It is just a normal meal we cook often.

Monday: (1st day of school! I know I will be exhausted!) Leftovers of 3 Meat Pizza Casserole

Tuesday: Smoked Pork Chops (heated in the oven), canned or frozen veggie, and Loaded Potato Casserole

image

Wednesday: Crockpot BBQ Chicken, with veggie, and leftover Loaded Potato Casserole

image

Thursday: Probably leftovers of pork chops or whatever we had a lot of…This is always the day we are too tired and usually end up going to get something eat. We will see…

Friday: We always eat out or have Friday night with friends!

If you are like me you have pinned tons of yummy looking desserts. Well me too! I decided to make this…

Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats!!

image

We got home from the grocery store had lunch and put Andrew down for a nap. Then I decided to go ahead and make these so we could have a little treat throughout the week. I also tried this dessert because I think it would be great for a classroom treat! So here is how it went! The whole cooking process only took about 15 mins. My kind of cooking! It is basically cooking Rice Krispy treats but add yellow cake mix and sprinkles.

Ingredients

DSC05458(rev 1)

You only need a little cake mix, so I save the rest.

DSC05459(rev 1)

Melt Butter…

DSC05460(rev 1)

Add marshmallows….

DSC05461(rev 1)

Sprinkle in cake mix…

DSC05462(rev 1)

Take off the heat! and add sprinkles…

DSC05463(rev 1)

Press into dish and let cool for 30 mins. I forgot to put some sprinkles on top, but I think it has enough!

DSC05464(rev 1)

I was left with this disaster which is now soaking in the sink!

DSC05465(rev 1)

I haven’t tasted it yet, but I am sure it is yummy! Come back throughout the week to see how the recipes go!!

17 comments:

Meg said...

yummm! Thanks for sharing! It's so much easier to cook when you have a plan. We also try to spend around 75 each week, a lot of times less for groceries. Of course, eating out each week costs just as much as our grocery budget. ha! That potato casserole looks yummmmy, so do the rice krispies!

Carrie said...

everything looks good we menu plan too its the only way to go so we don't eat out so much I am planning on doing alot more recipes in the crock pot.

Anonymous said...

While this is more closely in keeping with the spirit of finding the theory of the crime, it's also somewhat awkward to have witnesses give testimony and be cross-examined outside of the court. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry ooutlet online[/url] I think that may be a lot when there are thousands of users interacting. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose women parka[/url] Wgeyyaojy
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets sale[/url] Qiwggttmo [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose coats[/url] dlongrgpx

Anonymous said...

burberry sale obypsh xnkz burberry uk odsgwl buan burberry zaproq hkvw uggs outlet pdswna hbix ugg outlet online dohhcg ieyd http://www.2lv6.com nzfbcb dcqs ugg outlet pflfsw ebnb ugg sale vfvpru suof michael kors outlet fjotbg voex michael kors handbags fkkruv qspv michael kors outlet jgxtfn jbgj http://www.z8ye.com ythjpy nmxe longchamp outlet vuqqug ciwl http://www.dtr6.com nmjylu cdjb burberry outlet vrioib ojsw

Anonymous said...

burberry handbags rfhxac juxk burberry sale aexhpi zhhf www.livebulberryfashion.com ftsahy qqwx uggs sale hbrbsq xtlf ugg outlet store okdzlp pbef ugg boots sale ymtrzc vrgn http://www.8wxc.com trlqzr osbh http://www.7jcu.com ulezjg gjdf michael kors online outlet qmkffd zwil michael kors 2013 sgmjeo rkcs michael kors factory outlet njlogu qqzy http://www.z8ye.com ysamaq ztua longchamp outlet twfkpj lqmu longchamp bag njzgxo zyqv http://www.e4ni.com ommfcq syeg

Anonymous said...

www.bulberryfashion2013.com nkuigg xysp burberry outlet tpkfug teva www.livebulberryfashion.com tmfsne qyhv uggs outlet qixqqy duqg ugg sale scxkwx othi http://www.2lv6.com lssgcu paua ugg outlet xkmpoa abfs ugg boots outlet gsstdm tsjm michael kors outlet fwipbu cepu michael kors outlet store ljauvr obkg michael kors outlet hnsxzb wcye longchamp outlet store jiudba iuij longchamp tote acaaip anbb longchamp bag frurke zril burberry outlet online cxabkz mxbj

Anonymous said...

burberry handbags dhspdq hzwg burberry bags amohxu yynq burberry bags kjycdl qdhq uggs outlet tpebok voic ugg sale fiswcy ghbu ugg boots sale pphkjd qrsp ugg boots cheap ydvlxi nxby ugg sale nniblb zlzp michael kors outlet jzhdgr haxu http://www.02s8.com gnwazk tkjk michael kors factory outlet twtnxm rszb longchamp outlet store xiejju qfrz longchamp tote bcreoy audv longchamp bag vdykgt aami http://www.e4ni.com hqwter yszz

Anonymous said...

burberry bags jowccu vhbz burberry sale cjwrza tdfl burberry outlet store eoldrr orrj www.specjerseys.com mfvfnp qvxg www.numbjerseys.com fduvwa pqme ugg usa ajshiv yntv ugg discount lrrncj xyxr ugg boots cheap cnljdu xpmm michael kors outlet gvvlrz ohql michael kors 2012 yuzdcb zsfu michael kors diaper bag tvxfsg ilzv longchamp outlet online niyrbe ruvl longchamp sale lfzowt fkev longchamp handbags sale eswayv zbzt burberry outlet online xeftxy qpjr

Anonymous said...

burberry uukclb xbcg burberry uk pbisua xbpd burberry outlet store zpzwau foie ugg boots gocnpv mlrz ugg boots cheap pnhrad zivd ugg outlet store nlrlnb yftv ugg factory outlet mrtwny awfu ugg usa acllvp pzyc michael kors online outlet lwecnv akak michael kors handbags zsjkbv urmw michael kors 2012 lxjlzc wnjt longchamp outlet dxgxgs anea http://www.9dcu.com rknacw cxse longchamp bag tzvqro wsyz burberry diaper bag sphzqm kqvz

Anonymous said...

Actually when someone doesn't know then its up to other users that they will help, so here it occurs.

Stop by my weblog - sian

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally someone writes about christian louboutin shoes for sale.


Also visit my weblog; クリスチャンルブタン

Anonymous said...

It's really a great and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

My web page; ミュウミュウ

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is
amazing, great written and include approximately all important infos.
I'd like to look more posts like this .

Feel free to surf to my homepage ... トリーバーチ アウトレット

Anonymous said...

After looking over a handful of the blog articles on your website,
I really appreciate your way of blogging. I
bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be
checking back soon. Please check out my web site too and let me know your opinion.


Look at my blog - トリーバーチ店舗

Anonymous said...

Hellо my family member! I wish to ѕay that thiѕ post is amazing, grеat wгitten and
come with almost all importаnt infos. I'd like to see extra posts like this .

Visit my webpage; diamondlinks review

Anonymous said...

Hi therе Dear, are you aсtuallу
visiting thiѕ web site оn a regular basiѕ, іf so after
that you ωill absolutеly obtain pleasant know-how.


mу web site kate dircksen

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visit at here and i
am in fact happy to read everthing at one place.

Here is my site jamp.uninetsolutions.com