Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Potty Training Day 2/30 Day Shred Day 3

 

Potty Training

We had a few first at our house yesterday. Andrew used the POTTY for the 1st time yesterday!!! He also ate lasagna for the first time!

I want to document everything I am doing, so I will know what to do and what not to do next time. I started the day by putting him underwear that had characters on it that he was excited about!

DSC05283(rev 1)DSC05284(rev 1)DSC05285(rev 1)

Then I set a timer for 10 mins. I then sat him on the toilet for 5 mins. We did this for a few hours. We were both EXHAUSTED!! During this time he peed through the underwear almost right away and ALL over the floor. I quickly put him on the potty. Sounds like puppy training! HA! Anyway once he realized what was going on he finally peed a very small amount in the potty and we had a HUGE celebration!! I hugged him and told him how proud I was of him and gave him 2 mini M&M’s. I regret the candy, sort of…He then wanted to sit on the potty all the time! Which is good,but you can’t live your life on a potty! He would beg to differ!

He drew…

DSC05287(rev 1)

He read…

DSC05290(rev 1)

Concentrated…

DSC05292(rev 1)

Read some more….and even ate! I didn’t include that picture!

DSC05293(rev 1)

He was very happy when he did go!

DSC05302(rev 1)

 

I stopped giving candy and he stopped asking for it! I gave up on the underwear b/c he kept peeing a little in them and then running to the potty. He went around in his shirt only till nap time. He did much better about going with nothing on. He went down for his nap with a diaper on. We HAD to go to Wal-mart when he woke up, so I left the diaper on and bought these…

As you can see in the picture he had a different potty yesterday. If you have a boy, DO NOT buy that potty!!! It is ONLY made for a girl! He had a VERY hard time keeping “it” in the potty. The $13 frog potty is wonderful!

potty

The pull ups are for when we need to go places. For right now I don’t want to brave the store restrooms.

pullups1

We went to Nick’s parents to eat last night, so I brought the potty and put a pull up on him. He peed twice while there, but peed in the pull up a lot. Pull ups are just like diapers! I should just put a diaper on him!

Today has been better. He has had several accidents, but he is going to the potty on his own most of the time. He was playing upstairs while I was doing something downstairs and I came up to check on him and he peed a lot in his potty all by himself! So proud of him!

DSC05307(rev 1)

It is going to be a slow process, but WE can do it!

30 Day Shred

I have completed day 3 of the Shred while I am waiting on Ripped in 30 and I am down 1 pound!! A pound is a pound and I will take it! I am also VERY sore which I expected. My calves and arms are killing me!!

I hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I was going to ask you what potty you were using. I have one and was convinced it wasn't made for boys. He sat on it and only his backside fit on it, the front just hung out front. lol!!! Good job Andrew!

I've heard to not do the pullups because it's the same as diapers. Congrats on the pound! I've been at the gym for 2 months and haven't lost any weight. ha!

Robyn Beele said...

That is the same thing that happened with the first potty. The frog is great for boys!