Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Potty Time

I am so excited to announce that Andrew is using the potty once again! If you remember a few months back we tried and had some success. We decided to stop when he was having very frequent accidents and crying about using the potty. On Monday, as I was changing a dirty diaper, he told me he wanted to use the potty. So I sat him on the toilet and PRESTO! It was like a light switch went off in his head. He went for the rest of the day and NIGHT with NO accidents. Tuesday we went to the babysitters and wasn’t so sure about going at her house, but he did and had NO accidents. He came home that day and had 2 accidents trying to get to the potty in time. Today he went all day for the sitter and for me!!! I am so proud of him!

I can’t say we have done too much differently this time. I really think he had to decide he wanted to do it first. We are giving a lot of praise and asking him if he needs to go often. He does get one M&M every time he goes.

DSC05625(rev 1)DSC05628(rev 1)

I also started having him put a sticker on a simple chart I made. One box is for the potty and another is for brushing his teeth. I can easily see this turning into a chore chart later. He loves it and completely understands the concept! EASY!

DSC05646(rev 1)DSC05648(rev 1)

We are putting him in a pull up at night only, but so far he hasn’t used the bathroom in it either. He makes me so proud!!

2 comments:

BK said...

Yay, Andrew!!

Bridget said...

That is so awesome! Potty training can be so tough sometimes and it's so great when they 'get it' and are so proud of themselves. It's the cutest thing!