Friday, February 24, 2012

Andrew’s 3 Year Checkup

I HATE going to the doctor!!!! I mean I really do! I have had Andrew’s appointment scheduled for weeks. I showed up at my SCHEDULED appointment time at 8:15 only to be told they had it written down for tomorrow. I could not prove this because my card had a 2:30 time that I called and changed to the first appointment of the day (TODAY!). I was the only person there and they could not squeeze me in. Really??
I came back, even though I really didn’t want to, at 10:30 when they had time. This sounds simple and not a big deal. However, when you have a 3 year old that already doesn’t want to go into the office and then you have to leave and come back. NOT good! He completely did not understand why we were leaving and then coming back.
So, we drove all the way home (30 mins.) only to basically turn around an hour later. Thank goodness Andrew did great and the doctor (who is a great doctor) made him right and home. He passed all the developmental questions with flying colors (can he dress himself, count to 3, pedal a tricycle, balance on one leg, know his name, age, and that he is a boy). He weighed 29lbs (31st percentile) and 36 inches tall (24th percentile). He also got a flu shot and didn’t even cry! He kept saying, “I’m a Big Boy Mama!”

2 comments:

Funny Guy and His Wife said...

Ugh, I hate doctors too. I can't even stand going just for a cold. I always think they are going to tell me that I have a much larger problem! Lol.

Glad to hear he's doing so well!

BK said...

Makes me sad y'all hate seeing providers lol. Glad he had a good check up!