Thursday, February 9, 2012

Crafty Tutorial: Hair Bow Holder

DSC06684(rev 1)
I told you I had this in the works! I had to stay home again with Andrew, but he was the one sick this time. I picked him up Monday afternoon with a red and puffy eye and complaints of his throat hurting. We headed to the pediatrician and quickly found out he has an ear infection on one ear (same side of his head as the eye). The doctor said the eye and throat were all related to the ear infection. This is only his 3rd ear infection, so I guess that is a blessing. We left with antibiotics and a request to not have him around small children for 24 hrs. He has acted completely 100 percent normal today. It is amazing what medicine can do!
So, I am home at nap time with unexpected time on my hands. I decided to tackle the hair bow holder! This one was SUPER easy! I bought everything at Hobby Lobby (LOVE that store!) for under $12.
This is what I used: Ignore the flower hangers, they will be painted another day.
DSC06685(rev 1)
I painted the plaque pink…of course!
DSC06686(rev 1)
Added embellishments (preprainted!)
DSC06687(rev 1)
Hung more on the ends of the ribbons…
DSC06689(rev 1)
Ta Dah! Super easy! I have to add hardware on the back for hanging. Temporarily it is propped here on Andrew’s old hanger thing.
I LOVE it!! I can’t wait to hang all the cute bows!
DSC06693(rev 1)

No comments: