Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crafty Tutorial: Swatch Portraits

Swatch portraits

This is one of the first inspirational photos I found for the nursery and I fell in love! It is simple, colorful, and full of personality. I KNEW I had to recreate this for the babies nursery.
So I did! I  bought all the fabric at Hobby Lobby (1/2 yard of each kind) and they were between $1.50-$3.00 a piece. The embroidery hoops are also from HL and were between 79 cents-$1.99 a piece. That is all you need!
DSC06666(rev 1)   DSC06667(rev 1)
First you will need to cut out your fabric a little bigger than the hoop and iron out any wrinkles.
DSC06668(rev 1)DSC06669(rev 1)
Place the hoop insert on the back and the front of the hoop on the front of the fabric. Tighten. Cut excess fabric.
DSC06670(rev 1)      DSC06671(rev 1)
Ta Dah! Your done! Now repeat!
DSC06672(rev 1)
What do you think? Imagine her name in the middle.  I have yet to finalize on anything. The dresser (that I have yet to find) will go below and hold the changing table.

DSC06674(rev 1)DSC06675(rev 1)           DSC06676(rev 1)
We also picked up her crib and glider! The crib is ready and the glider is still in the box. The bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids and the Owl picture is from Target.
DSC06677(rev 1)    DSC06678(rev 1)
I love the ruffle skirt.
DSC06679(rev 1)
I also scored this half off memo board at Hobby Lobby. I love the pop of color! The color is pink even though it looks kind of red.
DSC06680(rev 1)            DSC06681(rev 1)
My mom got the baby this antique rocking chair. I LOVE it!
DSC06682(rev 1)                DSC06683(rev 1)
The room is starting to come together. I have a hair bow holder and hanging hooks in the works!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Aww the nursery is looking beautiful!!! I can't wait to hear a name!!!!! Get on the ball :)

Kim and Ed said...

I LOVE it! You are so creative and have more energy pregnant that I have now. I am looking forward to hearing her name!

Carrie said...

so so cute I love the owl picture of course lol can't wait to see Andrew on his birthday