Thursday, February 2, 2012

How I Blog???

I have received some comments/emails from several people about how I blog. In particular people want to know HOW in the world do I have time to post almost daily. How am I posting at 8am?
Here is the low down…I will not sound so impressive once I tell! LOL! I RARELY post during the week, like almost never. I work full time (teacher), with a almost 3 year old, one on the way, and a husband. There is no way I could possibly manage that. I leave at five till 7am every morning and take Andrew to the sitters and arrive at work by 7:20. Students are in my room at 7:40. Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays I leave work at 4: 00 or 4:15. Tuesdays I teach after school till 5:30 and Wednesday are school meetings till 4:30. I then fly over and pick up Andrew. I go home and run around like a mad woman trying to get ready for the next day, cook supper (if Nick is working late), and rest my very swollen feet for maybe 10 mins. We play with Andrew either outside or in is playroom. Then we all take baths at night and then I usually watch one show and hit the sack. Boring right? Well obviously there is little time for blogging, but I somehow post almost daily.
Here is the secret! I post everything on Saturday or Sunday! On one of those days when Andrew is napping (he usually naps for 3 to 3 1/2 hours) I write all the post of the week and schedule them for different days and times. Easy! Of course this is not something I would do if I didn’t enjoy it. I enjoying creating, blogging, and seeking out crafty things. My interest in it makes it fun and worth spending my precious nap time. All of my crafty is most definitely done on the weekends. If you noticed I do not attempt complicated or timely task. I just don’t have the time or patience!
I hope that has shed some light! I am in no way a super woman who manages to have it all together. I know once the baby comes you may never hear from me again! Kidding! Maybe… Anyway we are all just doing the best we can as parents and I am constantly trying not to fail.
How do you blog???

3 comments:

Meg said...

lol! I knew your secret. ;) I am SUPER jealous that Andrew naps for 3.5 hours! I could accomplish SO much stuff.

Carrie said...

I normally schedule my post too :)

Carrie

eonjean said...

Love your blog, but my first time commenting! Thanks for being so down to earth and honest! It's refreshing to hear that it is hard to juggle it all and that we are all doing our best. Hope the post keep coming after baby, but understand if they slow a bit :)