Monday, February 27, 2012

Lent and Andrew's 1st day of Sunday School


“Lent is a season of soul-searching and repentance. It is a season for reflection and taking stock. Lent originated in the very earliest days of the Church as a preparatory time for Easter, when the faithful rededicated themselves and when converts were instructed in the faith and prepared for baptism. By observing the forty days of Lent, the individual Christian imitates Jesus’ withdrawal into the wilderness for forty days.”
It is that time again…time for reflection and time for sacrifice. This year I am giving up something that I should have given up a LONG time ago. I am giving up soda…for 40 days! I know I can do it and it is sad that it is going to be hard. The fact that I am pregnant has caused me to drink very little caffeine, but I still drinking Sprite and Caffeine Free Diet Coke (still soda!). Soda really is terrible for the body, so more the reason!
Good luck on all of your lent endeavors!
He was in the wilderness for forty days, tempted by Satan; and he was with the wild beasts; and the angels waited on him.
Mark 1.13

Yesterday was a special day for Andrew! He moved up from the nursery to the 3 and 4 year old Sunday School class. He was so excited and did such a great job!
Look at what he made!


They had a lesson about Zacchaeus and how he was too short to see Jesus, so he climbed into a tree. Jesus later talked with him and it changed Zacchaeus to care more about people.
I can't believe how BIG Andrew is getting!!

1 comment:

J said...

All preschool Sunday School classes must be learning about Zaccheus. Callie sang me a song about him last week from her Sunday School lesson. LOL!