Monday, February 20, 2012

Rag Wreath

I LOVE all of the rag wreath’s that have been around blog land and I FINALLY made my own! I had fabric leftover from the swatch portraits, so I made this one to go on Abigail’s door. It turned out so cute and was super simple! I laid in bed and watched Once Upon a Time. By the end of the show, I had myself a wreath! I may even add a wooden A to go on the inside.

DSC06815(rev 1)                      DSC06816(rev 1)

Directions: Cut fabric into one inch wide by 6 inches long strips. In all it may have been 1/2 to 3/4 yard of fabric. I used a metal coat hanger and bent it into a circle. You can use a wreath form or straw wreath, but this was FREE! I then simply tied the ribbon, one strip at a time, until it was all the way around. Make sure to tie the fabric tight! I only single knotted the fabric (LAZY!). I plan on making one for Andrew’s door and of course one for the March Pinterest project!

5 comments:

Funny Guy and His Wife said...

Too cute! I envy all your time for projects :-)

Carrie said...

so cute!!!

Meg said...

Same here with K, envious of the time to actually do these things!! Love her name and the wreath!!

Amy said...

Love it!!!

Robyn Beele said...

Thanks everyone! It only took an hour and it was while I was watching mindless TV. I guess they equaled each other out. Right?