Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Kids Bathroom

I can’t believe in a few short weeks I will have kidS with an S! Wow! How life is going to change. We spent a lot of the weekend trying to get Andrew and Abigail’s bathroom painted. We were able to prime the entire room and paint the bottom half with two coats of white. We wanted the bathroom to look brighter and more kid like.

This is what it looked like before. My style has changed so much since then. This of course was what it looked like before we added on. Andrew was left with a dark, empty, and sad little bathroom.

DSC00421(rev 1)DSC00422(rev 1)DSC00423(rev 1)

This is what we have so far. The pictures look rough because the room is so bright right now.

DSC00428-1(rev 1)DSC00429-1(rev 1)DSC00430-1(rev 1)

Notice this lonely sink? Well this bathroom is actually pretty big, so we are going to install cabinets and  double sinks….soon. Anyone want to buy this beautiful sink? Seriously we are selling it. I LOVE the sink,but in this bathroom we need storage.

DSC00431-1(rev 1)

We are painting the top half either during the week or next weekend. Trying to cover DARK brown and light brown has not been easy. The color will be the same as our dining room (Rhine River by Benjamin Moore). We had enough left over and it is my FAVORITE color in the entire house.

This is the only picture I could find of the color. I think it is really going to brighten up the space.

DSC03056-1(rev 1)

Stay tuned to the final paint reveal!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't wait to see it complete! I'm sure it will look fabulous! I love the idea of a double sink!