Thursday, May 10, 2012

38 Weeks and Rainy Days

DSC00604(rev 1)                          DSC00603-1(rev 1)
Someone had to sneak in for the last picture!
This will be my last update!! I officially turn 39 weeks next Thursday and that is my induction date, so this is it folks!
How Far Along: 38 weeks
Size of baby: Length of a leek and size of a watermelon!
Gender: GIRL!!
Maternity Clothes: All maternity
Weight Gain: 31 lbs
Movement: She is still moving all the time, but I can tell she is running out of room. Poor thing!
Sleep: Sleep has not been fun lately. I have what I believe to be restless leg syndrome and it is horrible. If I sit or lay down for too long, I constant urges to move my legs. This makes it very hard to fall asleep. I literally have to walk around the house for a while. –same as last time, but once I am asleep I am sleeping pretty well. Maybe because I am no longer working and some stresses and worries have been relieved. However, I am getting up to use the bathroom every 2 to 3 hours.
Symptoms: Since I am on maternity leave the swelling in my legs and hands has really gotten to a minimum. If I am on my feet a lot then it will come back,but goes back down quickly. I am having reflux almost all the time. I am living on TUMS! I am still having leg and hip pain if I sit or stand for too long.
Cravings: Still cold drinks, fruit, oatmeal (new craving!), and ICE! We bought a watermelon this week and I am in HEAVEN!
Best moment this week: Only having a week left before I meet Abigail!!

Comparison: Yes I have officially DROPPED! I knew as soon as I woke up this morning!
[DSC00542%2528rev%25201%2529%255B5%255D.jpg]DSC00604(rev 1)
We have been spending the week at home and it has been raining on and off for days. We have made the best of it! We have made train tracks in all different combinations and even with Lego bridges!
DSC00611-1(rev 1)            DSC00610-1(rev 1)DSC00609(rev 1)              DSC00606(rev 1)
He has been carrying around this old dishwasher detergent container (I am using it for a Pinterest Project). We did manage to get out a play yesterday evening and of course a good scrubbing in the tub was needed! Don’t you just love babies and toddlers when they are all clean and smelling good?
DSC00601-1(rev 1)               DSC00598(rev 1)
I LOVE this boy so much! I can’t tell you how good he has been this week! I don’t know if it is because he is home and I am with him all day, but he has been so helpful and does everything right when I ask him! I think something has invaded his body! All joking aside he is always precious and perfect to me, but just really darn good lately! Let’s hope this continues next week!
DSC00600-1(rev 1)          
I also have a BIG announcement! Andrew is taking his first nap EVER (since birth) without his paci!! Yes, he is 3 with a paci. He has only used it for naps and night time for at least 2 years, but enough is enough. Of course we are using bribery (he gets to ride the backhoe when daddy gets home), but this is the first time Andrew has not cried for it. He just simply said okay and did not ask for it at nap time!! He did go to sleep an hour later than normal, but that was expected. I really didn’t mean to throw this on him right before a major life change, but it just kind of happened.

Update: I wrote this yesterday and I have to add that he slept through the night also!!! He went to sleep in time and never woke up or asked for it! Miracle!!!

I am hoping for the best tonight!!
DSC00618(rev 1)

More Days Till Abigail Arrives!

2 comments:

Funny Guy and His Wife said...

How exciting! I hope that you have a relaxing week preparing for Abigail's arrival, and wish you a safe delivery. Cannot wait to see photos of her!

J said...

I can't believe the day will be here next week; so exciting! It does look like she's dropped. Eeeek!

I love babies fresh out of the tub. Very cute photo!