Thursday, May 17, 2012

At This Moment…

At the moment you are reading this I will have begun the process of induction. Please continue to keep myself, Abigail, the nurses, my doctor, and my family in your prayers. I have to say that I am probably more nervous this time because I know what to expect. Last time I went in blind and everything just happened without me knowing what was coming. This time I know EXACTLY what is coming…but I also know the outcome is a miracle!
DSC00704(rev 1)
So back to the moment I am currently in. It is Wednesday afternoon and I running around trying to finish all the packing. We have been semi packed since Sunday, but now I have to pack all the toiletries, Duncan’s things, and Andrew. I am trying to get all the electronics charged and ready. I want LOTS of pictures!! I am so trying to empty trash cans, empty the dishwasher, clean, and have the house ready for our arrival. The last thing I want to do is clean when we return.
Andrew’s bag that he has been rolling around all week.
DSC00700(rev 1)
All the big baby gear has started to take over!
DSC00701(rev 1)
Andrew thinks the pack and play is his toy storage. Man I hope she likes to swing!
DSC00702(rev 1)DSC00703(rev 1)
The packing process…
DSC00705(rev 1)
This is Abigail’s bag. With Andrew I only changed his hospital shirt when we went home. I used their blankets and hats. This time I think she needs some pink!
Let’s see what is inside!
DSC00706(rev 1)
DSC00707(rev 1)
Receiving blankets, socks/mittens, Little Sister onsies, gowns, hair bows, blanket, hats, burp cloths, bibs, going home outfit.
DSC00709(rev 1)DSC00708(rev 1)DSC00710-1(rev 1)DSC00711(rev 1)
Yesterday I made Andrew a pair of shorts from a pair of pants. I just cut them to the length I wanted and hemmed. It was actually pretty easy! I know I will be using this in my pants because they are ALWAYS so long!
DSC00696-1(rev 1)DSC00697(rev 1)
Look at that straight stitch!!
DSC00698(rev 1)
I also made another burp cloth! Yes it is a little crooked! LOL!
DSC00699(rev 1)
On a note so fun side note, Andrew cried when he went to bed last night for the first time in over a year. He didn’t want me to leave the room. It was his normal time and he was tired, so I had to just kiss him, tell him I love him, and close the door. Trust me, it does not matter the age, when they cry for you it sucks! He cried for about 10 mins. and off to sleep he went. Thank goodness! I don’t know if it is because of all the changes coming and he can sense it, but this was very unusual. Tonight he will be with Nick’s parents (who he absolutely adores!). This is the first time I will be away from him since he was born. I believe this will be the hardest part by far. I know he will be very well taken care of, but it doesn’t make it any easier.
Sorry for the long post! I can’t believe I will FINALLY get to meet our little girl tomorrow!

1 comment:

BK said...

I can't wait to see photos! Praying for you during this exciting time!