Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Felt and Button Hair Bows

I can’t tell you how excited I am to have a little girl! I am a girly girl all the way, so Abigail does not stand a chance. If it was up to me she would be a dress and big bow all the time! I started researching (Pinterest) and found some felt DIY hair bows that I could make myself. I found some really simple, but cute bows!

DSC00594-1(rev 1)

The first and probably easiest bows are the smaller two. Abigail has several onsies that are zebra print, so I knew that would be perfect.
Simply cut the felt into a rounded rectangle and then cut a strip of felt about the length of the rectangle. The bigger the rectangle the bigger the bow. I wanted these for the first few months, so they are small,
DSC00572(rev 1)
Pinch the felt and put a few drops of hot glue to hold in place. Wrap the strip of felt around and glue. That is it! You could whip up these quickly to match an outfit.
DSC00573(rev 1)             DSC00574(rev 1)DSC00575-1(rev 1)            DSC00576(rev 1)
The zebra and pink bow is bascially the same as the small one, but it is bigger and has another color glued to the back. I added a button to the middle.
DSC00577(rev 1)      DSC00578(rev 1)DSC00579(rev 1)                            DSC00580(rev 1)
The purple bow is also super simple and could be made in a hurry. Take a strip of felt (about 5 inches), fold in half, and glue. Do the same process as before- pinch, glue, wrap, and glue. I added this epoxy bead to the middle,but it is just as cute without.

DSC00582(rev 1)  DSC00583(rev 1)DSC00584(rev 1)              DSC00585(rev 1)
DSC00587(rev 1)
The button bow was just me playing around. I am not sure if I would use it as a bow anytime soon because it is on the hard side. It would be cute to add a pin to the back and put on a bag or shirt. I just glued them together.
DSC00596(rev 1)
The last bow was created from my tired and true method that you can find here. I just flattened the inside and added, what else, a BUTTON!
DSC00588(rev 1)       DSC00589(rev 1)
I hope you got some ideas! All of my supplies were bought at Wal-Mart, but you can find them almost anywhere. The only thing I have to do is add a circle of felt on the back and add a clip. They can be worn in hair or on a hairband.
8 More Days Till Abigail Arrives!

5 comments:

BK said...

I know you are getting so excited!! :-)

Kristin said...

I love these bows!! I will be making some of these for my girls!! Were the craft buttons with sewing buttons or in the craft section?

Hang in there!!

Robyn Beele said...

Kristin the buttons were in the craft section.

Amy said...

Love the bows! The zebra one matches the diaper cover-up I gave you! I have to get a picture of her in it. I cannot wait to meet her!!!

Robyn Beele said...

It sure does Amy! I can't wait either!